1.7K views

CenturyLink is not only the worst ISP in the world, but is indisputably the worst provider of any service in human history.

300-500ms latency spikes at all times. Always over 50ms to the first hop (usually several times that.) Even with ancient technology this is not realistically possible. The only explanation is that their NIDs and hubs are nests of baling wire.

CenturyLink's only goal is to be useless at everything at all times.

There is obviously nothing they can do to remedy the "problem"; the problem is that they exist.

Chapter 11 was written for this company.

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Comments

Mansfield, Ohio, United States #1241889

Definitely NO accountability for the lack of competency when change orders are made or service is ordered.When a person's income relies on service reliability I would definitely NEVER recommend this ISP if you have other options.

On my job if I delivered as Centurylink does I would definitely NOT have any respect not to mention a position!!!

Shame on you all that make the decisions related to service and customer relations!!!By FAR the worst service provider in all arenas!!

Stephenville, Texas, United States #1224038

I agree and they lie about the service they provide

agreed. This company needs to be burned down

I have had CL Internet for almost 3 years now, my hair has gone gray, blood pressure has skyrocketed, etc.This company is THE WORST INTERNET PROVIDER.....EVER!

They tell me they can boost my speed at an additional cost.

Why would I want faster, UNRELIABLE service?

I work from home, but after losing out on a $40k bid, because I couldn't upload a file, I am leaving this POS company.If you need internet, DON'T USE CENTURY LINK, they are using last century technology!

I have had nothing but bad from them for the past 6 months....first, lightning hit near my house....

fried the modem and everything connected to it.... you would think they would offer to replace my TV... but no all they did was replace their router and cable box.

We initially came in on a deal, and when the prices went up we requested they drop the cable TV but keep the Internet... they promised a drop in price and more discounts if we do auto pay....

I told them I would do autopay when I see my bill come down... has not happened yet. Not only that but every time we call they say well pay for it this month and we will discount next month if you do auto pay.

I told THEM I do not trust them to bill correctly and they will not have access to my account until they give me a correct bill.

They would not change the rates so we asked them to drop it down to internet only whereupon we were transferred to the "retention" department who proceeded to tell us what a "deal" we were getting and would not offer any discounts. The "deal" was $40 per month more than we were previously being charged.

We told them to drop us to Internet only and stop trying to suck us in by lying to us.Some retention.

We have zero choice for internet so we're stuck with Centurylink. We call customer service when it drops out of existence and we're told our area (Umatilla Or) is due for an upgrade which may happen someday. Thanks for nothing Centurylink.

Worst provider ive ever had. They lie about strength its slow as ***. Cant stream

Centurylink is THE worst product, by THE worst company I have ever dealt with in 44 years.

Ocala, Florida, United States #869576

About 6 months ago I had CenturyLink and I was paying the ridiculous price of $35 a month for 1.5Mbps, while lord knows what the upload was...Everyone in my house has a Netflix account and something else that connects to the internet, whether it be their cell phone or a laptop, and if we were all trying to watch something at night there would be constant buffering problems and even slower than advertised speeds.

I called them and asked them why my internet was so slow because when I had Comcast we paid less for better speeds.. Their only reply was saying they couldn't see anything wrong with the connection from their office but if they sent someone out to look for a problem it would cost ME money. And if I wanted faster internet I would just have to pay for the upgrade.

I was shocked lol.

Needless to say I canceled right there and switched back over to Comcast.*** Centurylink.

to ***CenturyLink Ocala, Florida, United States #869579

Also now that I've been reading other comments I just remembered when I would be downloading movies / tv shows, the peak download speeds never passed 100mbps. Centurylink is a SCAM.