Notus, Idaho

Since I started with Centurylink I have had nothing but problems, broken promises and inconsistencies around every corner.For starters, upon calling them the rep spoke so fast and tried to sell me so many things I ultimately didn't know what I had purchased once the call was over.

Then upon getting my first bill had to cancel things I didn't need but was sold, being told I did need them. Moving on, I tried to set up my online account for auto bill pay to ensure my low rate but every attempt to log in or access my account resulted in an error message that customer service couldn't explain, along with emails they claimed were sent but I never received. I got the emails regarding my bill but anything outside of that never showed in my inbox or spam. After multiple attempts and hours on the phone I was still unsuccessful at accessing my account and my rate went up as a result of not being able to set up auto bill pay regardless of whether I had attempted numerous times.

Then I find out that some other person's name is attached to my account. A name I have never heard of or anyone one I might have known. They shut my service off without notification or even an email over the holidays when I was out of town and my *** neighbor was parking in front of my mailbox causing spotty mail delivery not to mention the due date on the bill hadn't even passed. I called numerous times regarding my service not meeting the advertised performance they claim.

They call centers are a joke. They have reps you can barely understand reading a script having know real grasp on what they are doing. I finally got a tech out to my house only to tell me there was a problem with my speeds and it wasn't on my property so they had to call out another tech that hands that. They told me my service was not even running at 50% and that when an issue is detected they slow the speeds until the issues is resolved.

I couldn't even stream 1 TV on netflix after 9pm. The techs they send out are great but anyone on the phone don't expect a thing to get done. So I decided to move and only because the techs helped me out did I stay with centurylink. My account number changed due to my move which is *** but ok whatever.

I made a payment to my old account that eventually was forwarded to my new account and called to update my address shortly after the move. Before I even got my first bill with my new account number on it they shut my service off. I didn't even have my new account number, how the *** am I supposed to pay my bill if you haven't given me an account number. I find this out after the call center is closed so I can't call and get my account number that night.

Next day I call in where I am asked for my FULL SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER! Are you high? There isn't a company out there that I know of that requires you give your full social, with all the issues of identity theft going, really? I asked if he could search by address or name and I was told no and that if I didn't provide my full social they would not help me even after explaining I was very uncomfortable with it.

Finally I provide it despite my better judgement and get to another person who I ask, "Can you search for my account with an address and name or do you have to have my full social". I was told no, I was told that I didn't need to give my full social. When I was transferred again I asked the next person the same question and they said the same thing, that I did not need to give my full social to find my account. We have some grade A customer service here!

So I was told by the finance department that if I paid the account to a zero balance my service would be restored with a reconnect fee of $25 dollars that he would notate to me credited. The rep agreed that it wasn't fair to shut my service off before receiving my first bill and shouldn't be charged a reconnect fee. After paying the account to a zero balance the service didn't come back on like the rep in finance said it would. I called back and was told that the configuration of my modem was wrong and that was why, even though I hadn't pushed the reset button or have a computer to go in and change them.

I was transferred again where I was told my modem was fine and that the service wouldn't come back on until 5 pm. Regardless of the fact they didn't provide me with an account number or a current bill even though I updated my information with adequate time to pay they shut my service off on a friday and it still isn't back on.

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM CENTURY LINK AS POSSIBLE.Everyone I have spoken with has nothing good to say about the service or customer relations.

This reviewer shared experience about "multiple reason primarily false advertisement and poor customer service" and wants this business to "i want the reconnect fee of $25 credited back and the remaining prorated credit on my account refunded, my account closed with no early termination fees applied" as the author lost $429. Breannan is overall dissatisfied with Centurylink. The most disappointing about billing department at Centurylink was false advertisement, service charges and personal identity threats , but reviewer liked is worth. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Centurylink.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Centurylink to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Comments

You are right

How do I terminate the contract without paying a fee?