1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have been a customer of Century Link for nearly 10 years.This fall I noticed how slow our service was and I called to see if the faster service--long promised for our neighborhood--was available.

The customer service person said yes but we'd need to get a new upgraded modem and pay double our regular charge. I said yes. The technician came and the speed didn't improve. My husband called and lo and behold the upgraded speed was actually not available in our neighborhood.

About a month later I canceled online. Then I got a bill. Via online chat (after hours) I was told that you cannot cancel online (despite the big button saying cancel service) and that I had to call the billing number. When I called the billing number, they said they had no record of a technician coming to our house and that the price had gone up because the promotion was over.

After INSISTING AGAIN AND AGAIN they escalate to someone who had some experience reviewing the bill, I was FINALLY transferred to Jose, who said that yes, he could see that the technician had come out. "But they do that all the time. That was no proof they were upgrading the service." I said, oh, really, this is the second time in ten years but sure.

He refused to refund me any portion of the higher bill -- for now going on two months -- that I paid ONLY because I was told that I was UPGRADING my service -- to a service that it turns out WAS NOT AVAILABLE AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SOLD TO ME.CENTURY LINK SUCKS.

Review about: Centurylink Customer Care.

Had an Experience with CenturyLink?

Comments