I returned a modem to Centurylink via UPS on the day I received it without every using the service. I mistaken assumed that when I returned the equipment they would cancel my account (my fault). However, the account was not closed and I incurred charges. I took my bill to the Centurylink store and after waiting 20 minutes for help I was told that they could not take care of my problem at the store.
The associate gave me a "loyalty" phone number and code so I could call customer service and was assured they would cancel my account and give me a credit over the phone. I called the number and put in the code, but was placed the regular customer service line.
After 10 minutes of waiting on hold I opened a chat session which the on hold message encouraged me to do. But, I also stayed on hold waiting for a live person.
Long story short - I was transferred 5 times over the phone and transferred 4 times on the chat over the course of 90 minutes. The chat customer service agent never resolved my issue. He said he closed my account, but would not give me a credit. However, when I finally got through to a live person on the customer service line, it seemed like my account was still opened. The customer service representative did close my account and gave me an confirmation number. However, he said he could not make the decision regarding crediting my account, even though the person who transferred me to him said he could.
The customer service representative told me he would ask someone if I could have a credit. And, told me that I would receive a final bill.
I sent a message to the customer relations department to let them know about this situation. The automated response indicated that they would get back to me within 24 hours confirming they had received my concern. 24 hours has passed and I have not yet had a reply.
I will NEVER do business with Centurylink in the future and warn everyone never to do any business with them.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- No response from customer relationships
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long..."
- "If you are a member, or are considering becoming a member at LA Fitness, reconsider, especially in Gresham, Oregon. For the past several months, complaints have been made and..."
- "Hole in One International Scam lady out of 1 million dollars in Oregon Casino. Hole in One International scam lady in Arizona of 1 Million Dollars Hole in One International..."
- "Purchased a kitchen sink at advertise 90% off price but received wrong sink. Sellers will not honor our contract but insist I return the sink for refund and reorder..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."