I returned a modem to Centurylink via UPS on the day I received it without every using the service. I mistaken assumed that when I returned the equipment they would cancel my account (my fault). However, the account was not closed and I incurred charges. I took my bill to the Centurylink store and after waiting 20 minutes for help I was told that they could not take care of my problem at the store.
The associate gave me a "loyalty" phone number and code so I could call customer service and was assured they would cancel my account and give me a credit over the phone. I called the number and put in the code, but was placed the regular customer service line.
After 10 minutes of waiting on hold I opened a chat session which the on hold message encouraged me to do. But, I also stayed on hold waiting for a live person.
Long story short - I was transferred 5 times over the phone and transferred 4 times on the chat over the course of 90 minutes. The chat customer service agent never resolved my issue. He said he closed my account, but would not give me a credit. However, when I finally got through to a live person on the customer service line, it seemed like my account was still opened. The customer service representative did close my account and gave me an confirmation number. However, he said he could not make the decision regarding crediting my account, even though the person who transferred me to him said he could.
The customer service representative told me he would ask someone if I could have a credit. And, told me that I would receive a final bill.
I sent a message to the customer relations department to let them know about this situation. The automated response indicated that they would get back to me within 24 hours confirming they had received my concern. 24 hours has passed and I have not yet had a reply.
I will NEVER do business with Centurylink in the future and warn everyone never to do any business with them.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- No response from customer relationships
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "On Saturday August 3, 2013 the following unauthorized debit transactions appeared on my bank statement $199 07:28 pm AT 19:28 $199 07:34 pm AT 19:24 $199 07:38 pm AT 19:38..."
- "I was excited to have CenturyLink for the first time but they suck!!! I thought Cox and Time Warner were bad but CenturyLink is the worst of all. Is CenturyLink..."
- "Wow!!....Wow! I'm absolutely speechless.I don't know where to start from or how to explain how sad I feel.I usually stay away from the Gresham location because there product is all..."
- "My Grandmother mailed a bunch of packages with her favorite possessions from Louisiana to Washington through #UPS, the three that have arrived so far have been damaged, one so bad..."
- "I purchased one of these in the spring when Home Depot had them on sale. I loved it. Looked nice in the front of the house, was light..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."