Centurylink - Worst Customer Service Ever!

202 of 1992 Centurylink reviews

I returned a modem to Centurylink via UPS on the day I received it without every using the service. I mistaken assumed that when I returned the equipment they would cancel my account (my fault). However, the account was not closed and I incurred charges. I took my bill to the Centurylink store and after waiting 20 minutes for help I was told that they could not take care of my problem at the store.

The associate gave me a "loyalty" phone number and code so I could call customer service and was assured they would cancel my account and give me a credit over the phone. I called the number and put in the code, but was placed the regular customer service line.

After 10 minutes of waiting on hold I opened a chat session which the on hold message encouraged me to do. But, I also stayed on hold waiting for a live person.

Long story short - I was transferred 5 times over the phone and transferred 4 times on the chat over the course of 90 minutes. The chat customer service agent never resolved my issue. He said he closed my account, but would not give me a credit. However, when I finally got through to a live person on the customer service line, it seemed like my account was still opened. The customer service representative did close my account and gave me an confirmation number. However, he said he could not make the decision regarding crediting my account, even though the person who transferred me to him said he could.

The customer service representative told me he would ask someone if I could have a credit. And, told me that I would receive a final bill.

I sent a message to the customer relations department to let them know about this situation. The automated response indicated that they would get back to me within 24 hours confirming they had received my concern. 24 hours has passed and I have not yet had a reply.

I will NEVER do business with Centurylink in the future and warn everyone never to do any business with them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design
Coverage Area

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer service
    • No response from customer relationships

Reason of review:
Centurylink Customer Care
Review category
Telecommunications
review #885324

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Centurylink? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
202 of 1992 Centurylink reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 04 #1236289 Sun City, Arizona, United States

I cancelled in September and continually get an increasing bill every month since. An internet "Chat" representative messaged he has given me full credit - thank God I kept the correspondence. CL is going to retreive the recorded calls and is supposedly to call me in 2-3 days. They have the worst Customer Policies I have ever experienced. Took the 2.5 weeks to port my telephone number back, usually takes 24 hours.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.