Coverage Area
Style and Design

I returned a modem to Centurylink via UPS on the day I received it without every using the service. I mistaken assumed that when I returned the equipment they would cancel my account (my fault). However, the account was not closed and I incurred charges. I took my bill to the Centurylink store and after waiting 20 minutes for help I was told that they could not take care of my problem at the store.

The associate gave me a "loyalty" phone number and code so I could call customer service and was assured they would cancel my account and give me a credit over the phone. I called the number and put in the code, but was placed the regular customer service line.

After 10 minutes of waiting on hold I opened a chat session which the on hold message encouraged me to do. But, I also stayed on hold waiting for a live person.

Long story short - I was transferred 5 times over the phone and transferred 4 times on the chat over the course of 90 minutes. The chat customer service agent never resolved my issue. He said he closed my account, but would not give me a credit. However, when I finally got through to a live person on the customer service line, it seemed like my account was still opened. The customer service representative did close my account and gave me an confirmation number. However, he said he could not make the decision regarding crediting my account, even though the person who transferred me to him said he could.

The customer service representative told me he would ask someone if I could have a credit. And, told me that I would receive a final bill.

I sent a message to the customer relations department to let them know about this situation. The automated response indicated that they would get back to me within 24 hours confirming they had received my concern. 24 hours has passed and I have not yet had a reply.

I will NEVER do business with Centurylink in the future and warn everyone never to do any business with them.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $185. This person is overall dissatisfied with Centurylink and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about centurylink customer care at Centurylink was customer service and no response from customer relationships Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Centurylink.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Centurylink to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Comments

Sun City, Arizona, United States #1236289

I cancelled in September and continually get an increasing bill every month since.An internet "Chat" representative messaged he has given me full credit - thank God I kept the correspondence.

CL is going to retreive the recorded calls and is supposedly to call me in 2-3 days.

They have the worst Customer Policies I have ever experienced.Took the 2.5 weeks to port my telephone number back, usually takes 24 hours.