Sartell, Minnesota
2.9
Coverage Area

I made the mistake of getting centurylink as my ISP about 2 years ago.They sent me a ZyXEL PK5001Z modem.

When we got it hooked up we had a red DSL light. So i started troubleshooting it. I still couldnt fix it. So i called CenturyLink Tech Support.

Spent 2 HOURS on the phone to find out they need to send a technitian to my house. So i get it fixed buy im only getting 1.7 mbps. Im paying for 7Mbps. But 20 mintues later it goes out AGAIN!

So tech support did something on their end. It works still at 1.7 Mbps. I didnt want to even bother calling again so i just thought i would deal with the slow speeds. So after a month of it working i go downstairs to use my computer and i see my modem has a red light.

I called Tech Support and they sent a technitian to my house. He didnt find a problem so he said he was gonna switch out a box that is a couple blocks down the road. Didnt have internet for about 15 minutes then it works. I ran a speedtest and i was getting 54 KBPS.

Thats slower than DIAL UP! So tech support sent me a new modem and told me to send my old one back within 30 days. I got an Actiontec PK5000. I hooked it up and it didnt work so they sent out ANOTHER technitian.

He didnt find a problem. It will go out now every day about 10-15 times a day it will connect then it will lose signal then it sill reconnect again. And if it is up and i try to use my Xbox360 it will go out for an hour. I hate this company but the only reason i still have them is they are the only provider in my area.

Avoid this company at ALL COST!

If you have another option go with that.I know comcast sucks too but it would be ALOT better than this.

This reviewer shared experience about "i'm happy cause i got my internet to work for 1 day without dropping. next day drop again" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall satisfied with Centurylink. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Centurylink.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Centurylink to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Comments