I was conned into changing my internet service to centurytel a couple of years back.I have recieved nothing but excuses and misdirection ever since.

The equipment came with inadequate instructions for installation. The speed was nowhere near what was advertised and when I called to complain, I was always told it was my computer, my cable, even the location I lived in was the cause of their DSL service being as slow as the low speed dial up I had recieved from the other company. When I got the bill there were extra charges on it that I hadn't been told would be there, in particular a monthly "modem equipment fee" which I was told by customer service was insurance for replacement cost of any of their equipment needing to be replaced. Two years later, the router goes out.

When I call to get it replaced, I asked if I would be charged since I had paid the monthly fee. I was told if I paid the monthly fee, it would cost nothing to replace the part. The next month, my bill is nearly thirty dollars more. The extra fees were for the shipping of the part and they raised my monthly modem equipment fee!?

When I complained, I was told I could pay to send the part back to them.I am now in the process of finding another company for my internet and phone needs.

Review about: Centurylink Internet Service.

Had an Experience with CenturyLink?

Comments

CenturyLinkJoey

My name is Joey and I'm with CenturyLink. I'm sorry that you've had trouble with our company and I'd be happy to look into your issue for you. Just email me at Reachout@CenturyLink.com and include your name, account number and reference your post here on PissedConsumer.com. Thanks.

Joey H