1.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I was talked into changing from Comcast to Century Link in January. The TV service, Prism, did seem better, when it worked, but it shut down several times and it you have to call in to get it fixed.

At the hookup they did something that killed my main phone line to the kitchen, so I had to do all phoning from my bedroom. First bill was wrong (way more than the $140 I was told by cute sales girls when I changed from Comcast). I had to call each month to rectify each bill. All bills were wrong, and none were even the same amount.

Every month was a different story. Waiting on phone for resolved billing was always 1+ hour. Reps were usually good and courteous, always promising that it would be "fixed this time" and to give them "one more chance" to try the service. The final straw as July 2016 bill which was $397.00.

I was billed twice for certain things, and then the rep actually told me that one part of the bill for $85 listed as Service Additions and Changes was done to "charge me more money so I could save money...!" I worked through her logic with her for almost 30 minutes and was never satisfied with answer--she never made any sense. All I wanted was to get one correct bill so I could cancel, but even that never happened. I ended the service, I just hope my last bill is not going to kill the bank. I am pretty easy going guy and never have much problems with companies, but Century Link is the WORST company I have dealt with.

I wouldn't take their service for free at this point--it wouldn't be worth it. Way too much time on the phone getting TV to work. To be honest, I am not even sure how much I spent on Century Link in 6 months. I had auto withdrawal to save money, but who knows.

I feel sorry for the reps that have to field the calls. The bill is completely incomprehensible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Centurylink Prism Tv Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Customer service reps.

I didn't like: False representation, Original quote taken away, Extreme poor customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 01, 2016.

Comments