Zachary T Vxr
map-marker Denver, Colorado

Tech support

You can't actually call anyone and speak to a live representative unless you do it within their hours, and then you have to wait two hours to speak with someone. They encourage you to text them or use chat support, but then also, you have to wait an hour or so to speak with someone. It's the worst company I've dealt with, other than utilities. And they're pretty close. I do not recommend CenturyLink to anyone, ever! This company needs to get their act together if they want to keep having a job!

User's recommendation: May look tempting but just don't do it they will charge you for everything I've been through three modems and one year and four tech visits and my service still does not work!

Chris C Mzo

Verified Buyer

Poor landline wire installation

CenturyLink - Poor landline wire installation
CenturyLink - Poor landline wire installation - Image 2
CenturyLink - Poor landline wire installation - Image 3

My mother is 89 years old. She has had this phone service for 30 years.

Shes too old to use a cellular phone. This landline is her only communication option.

This has been an on-going problem for the last 5-4 years. Look at the ticket history. The original phone line died 5-4 years ago.

In order to repair the line they would have had to dig up the street. They didn't want to do this, I understand. So, they ran a wire on the ground behind a grocery store. No conduit didn't bury it.

Nothing, just lying on the dirt. Since then, the line has been cut and stolen several times. Again, look up the ticket history. I have spent hours on the phone with customer service people.

Asking to be transferred to a "Supervisor". No improvement. They would connect a new line, right on the ground just like before. All my time spent on the phone explaining the situation, wasted.

The line runs along a wall, on the ground, in the dirt, along the back of a grocery store. Homeless people, derelicts steal the wire to sell the copper. No one I've talked to can get anything changed, they just connect the wire, leavening it in the dirt. It needs to be buried, in conduit or up off the ground.

So yesterday ticket #0164995

Tech Jason comes.

He's ticked off that he has to replace the line "one more time". He spliced in new wire same as usual again on the ground in the dirt.

After he left, I received a phone call from my very upset 89-year-old mother in a panic crying. Jason was rude and told her This is the last time we are replacing this line. If it gets stolen again I am not fixing it.

Again mom is 89, this is her only communication to call Police, Fire, Ambulance.What is she supposed to do? The line being half-ass installed on the ground in the dirt behind a building is not her fault. Its your Companies responsibility to properly install phone lines. Not the 89-year-old consumer.

The money you have spent over the years sending out a tech to replace the line repeatedly, if it had been done properly the first time think of all the money you would have saved.

So, what do I need to do to get his resolved and Jason never sent to my mothers home again? Do I need to file a report with the FTC?

If you me a link or an email I have several pictures I can send you.

Chris

Pros:
  • Provide landline service in our area
Cons:
  • Are the only company providing landline in our area

Preferred solution: Apology and properly install the phoner line

User's recommendation: Don't use for Landline

Featured
Todd J Zip

Horrible reliability on critical landline for a high risk 80+ Year old person

CenturyLink - Horrible reliability on critical landline for a high risk 80+ Year old person
CenturyLink - Horrible reliability on critical landline for a high risk 80+ Year old... - Image 2
CenturyLink - Horrible reliability on critical landline for a high risk 80+ Year old... - Image 3

Just had to drive to a friends (80+) house to see if he is still alive. They have had a complaint in for days that phone is out, 3rd time this year, goes over a week until response each time and never really fixed.

Company needs to quit business. No ability to interface with a human on customer service. This is a Sat, If I wait till Monday the complaints go to the PUC and Wa state Atty General.

I am a retired electronic engineer who 60 years ago worked for Pacific Telephone in Ca. and there is no excuse for this type of continued non-service in the middle of a large town.

If I wasn't 75 I would climb the pole and trouble shoot it myself.

They wait days and still don't fix it. I have had to drive over to see what is up with my friend. Century link says they can't expedite. They Should go out of business if this is the case.

Look at the photos.

In 1965 I would have been fired if I left this type of mess, and still did not resolve the problems! What is happening that a company this bad is still in business.

Cons:
  • No customer service that knows what they are doing
  • Poor technical service
  • Poor quality

Preferred solution: Service resolutions, refund of what has been paid in monthly charges since July 2023 and some resolution so seniors are not placed at risk by a company that does not seem to care.

User's recommendation: Get rid of century link if you are Land Line and not on Fiber. I complained enough about my service for them to go to fiber and it is't bad. I am 1/4 mile away!

Larry C Ejk

Resolved: My line is dead

Updated by user May 03, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Repair was done

Original review Apr 26, 2024
Tried to contact service from 10 AM, couldn't complete transaction on chat or text messages. No good response from either system. Choices on website don't help to get service for no dial tone at box.

Deana C Mjj

No Internet

On 5-1-2024 my internet had gone out and a technician came to check it.He was here for 3 hours and completely changed the line and replaced the router. By Friday morning my internet had gone out a total of 8 times and a technician came early that afternoon..it is now Saturday, and my internet has been out since 4:30am.

I was able to get it running around 1:30pm, however it shut off again at 4:30pm..

I have called several times, only to get a robot. The people i have talked to were in South America and wanted to send me to the upgrade department so did the first technician that came to my house..I never had any trouble with my internet at all until this past week and now it's been nothing but a nightmare and feels like nothing but a scam to get me to spend more money...I feel they messed the line up as well as replacing my router with this one that doesn't seem to know what's it's doing..If I was working from home , I'd be sending CenturyLink a bill for job's lost due to their failure at doing their job..This is a mess and I will not be putting up with this much longer...I will also be sending a bill for wi fi on my phone, since my internet is off and I'm still paying for it...

Preferred solution: Let other's know what kind of company this is

User's recommendation: Don't get CenturyLink

Cheryl L Pyy

Elderly widow ignored to resolve issue since Dec. 2023

CenturyLink - Elderly widow ignored to resolve issue since Dec. 2023

I have been trying to get a refund owed to me after I canceled my service in Dec. 12/27/23.

I have been promised & passed around from the department but I am getting nowhere!!

I HAVE TERMINAL CANCER..I do not need this stress to get the refund owed to me & I have all the documentation to back up all of my correspondences to try to get this resolved.

No one has helped me just passed me off or ignored me.

I am rightfully owed the additional $135 for services not used.

I canceled only 1 day after your billing cycle so AT MOST I owe 1/2 a day of service.

To date I am owed back payment of $195.90 + $135.35 for services not used.

Instead I am being treated as though I am stupid or ignorant to my rights.

Please help me FINALLY rectify this asap!!

Cheryl Leonard

c.carter20@***.com

Loss:
Pros:
  • Are there any at this point
Cons:
  • Run arounds are ridiculous
  • Make it difficult to reach someone
  • Make fighting cancer patients stress more than needed

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: They take advantage of Elderly widow Cancer patients

Trinady Vji

Verified Reviewer

Worst Customer Service EVER!

We are experiencing a CenturyLink outage. Multiple neighbors on our road have been out nearly 3 days and we've all reported it.

Despite all of the year around neighbors reporting their outage, because not *all* the customers are reporting a loss of service, it's not being treated as an "outage." Problem is, we live in a vacation destination or snowbird sanctuary town... Majority of our neighbors won't be here until Memorial Day and will leave shortly after Labor Day. Anytime we experience an outage between Labor Day and Memorial Day CenturyLink REFUSES to declare an outage even though it's multiple homes reporting the outage... they need MOST or ALL customers to report to declare an outage and since most of our neighbors are snowbirds that's literally impossible.

They won't even log an issue with a personal line unless you're on site to confirm what light is on or not on the modem, and then you also have to commit to being home for your repair day. So, all my seasonal neighbors who rely on CenturyLink for their security systems have no way to report the outage unless they travel to their 2nd home, call it In, report the DSL light is off, and then stay until CenturyLink arrives up to a week later! And in the meantime, they cannot fill in the blanks between the 30 or so reported outages down our road, instead they INSIST its an individual problem for EACH HOME, leaving us to fight to prove its an outage. CenturyLink refuses to admit when they are wrong and speak to their customers as if they are uneducated and inconveniences.

Overall I would NEVER EVER recommend CenturyLink to anyone and I for one am glad Spectrum is currently installing fiber optic internet in our neighborhood to remove the monopoly that CenturyLink has held for years. The second Spectrum is active I will be leaving CenturyLink, good riddance.

Robin R Eql

Harassment texts

CenturyLink - Harassment texts

This all started with me trying to purchase a puppy. They were scam artists took money for dog then tried to get more to ship dog.

Got the run around was given a fake shipping company etc. I had to fight to get my money back through a fraud claim through my bank. Thought it was done but they, keep sending harassment texts. One even claimed they were a FBI agent and they were coming to my home.

When I looked up the numbers they say LEVEL 3 for service provider. I have reported that number to the FBI. Can you please get them to leave me alone? The numbers in question are 209-222-**** and 262-264-****.

The 209 number is the one that said they were a FBI agent.

Thank you ! I saw that Level 3 was taken over by centurylink

Preferred solution: Stop the harassment disconnect the phone numbers call them and give them a stern warning

User's recommendation: Run, they are scam artists

Eugenia P Gpi

| map-marker Portland, Oregon

Credit card

I recently discovered after reviewing my credit card statements that somebody has been using my credit card to purchase CenturyLink. I have called thousands of times trying to find a person but all I get are automatic responses and the only people who answer are for sales and cannot or will not help guide me to the right direction to recover this loss. . I am out $70 a month times five thats $350. I still have my old credit card, and I want to find out who freaking stole it, and I want my money back!
Shery W Bcg

Resolved: Requested Disconnection for Internet Only

Updated by user Mar 11, 2024

You charged me to open a new account for my landline, because I was disconnecting the internet and I was told they couldn't remove the internet without canceling the entire account.

Original review Mar 11, 2024
I wanted to disconnect my Centurylink internet today. First it takes a bit of effort to find the right Centurylink number.
I've had the same service for 20+ years, uninterrupted.
However, I was told that my existing account had to be canceled to disconnect the internet.

Then they would have to start a brand new account -- which included a credit review. The service has gone bye-bye. I don't know if it is related to the Lumen takeover or not. All of their internal trouble should be invisible to the customer.

I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with them today. Now I have to go take their unworking modem to UPS for return. Someone needs to take a look at their internal processes.

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. So disappointing...
Pros:
  • Offered landline and internet connections
Cons:
  • Service to long-time customers if very poor

Preferred solution: Exposure of their bad practices

User's recommendation: Don't use Centurylink/Lumen for your internet service.

Carlie S Zjc

Resolved: No dsl

You guys never showed up He called at 10:00am and said pull the ticket so I waited and never called again to say he was not coming
Loss:
Cons:
  • To long to get a repair man out to the house

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: At this point I would not

Dorma Ooj

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

No service since 3-14-2024 due to their damaged line

spent 2 full days wating for tech. rec'd bogus (misinformation) regarding service tech coming and repairing line on 3-21 as schedule on 3-21 at 721AM via chat.

spent - no joke at least 8 hours between phone calls (had NO resolve) and chats that were full of untruths and excuses for 2 days!!! then after speaking (via chat) with a supervisor mh. who promised it would be repaired today- apologized blah blah blah. guess what now cl expects us to stay home another ----- day so more lies and untruths - we can expect when they do NOT show up again on their next scheduled appt they chose - 3-25.

wait around all day for them to NOT to tell us ooooops they can't fix it...they can't find it...they don't have the materials (that was the last chat reps excuse about 30 mins ago) Spent several minutes looking for cl corporate contact info, but they have that well underwraps. This company is one of the worse. IT gets worse as each day ticks a way. And we are at their mercy cuz cl is the only landline service in our area!!!

Feel badly for anyone that has to make their living working for them. cl sssss.

User's recommendation: make sure you NEVER has use cl

Dorma Ooj

Lies misinformation excuses

spent 2 days so far waiting for a repair. out of landline service since big SNOW storm 3-14-2024.

chat on 321 at 721AM scheduled tech to come that day. receieved bogus random full of misinformation texts. waited til 427 chat again tossed around to diff depts. people who made up all kinds of info then finally someone stated the truth "no availability." even tho all along no one told us that.

have the chats to prove it too. at 430 was promised tech would come next day. waited for ANY sign email text call that someone was coming. another chat - nope not even a new work order for today.

was on caht from 1224 til 237 then again for a hour +. chat with supervisor mh another promise tech coming today. guess what no tech coming today. cl chose mon 3-25 with out cotacting us until they chose it.

over 8 hrs and 2 days wasted - no income for us - no landline repaired and a bunch of untruths and empty promises. what a bunch of you know what. cannot go to any other company cuz cl is only one in our are.

pit the people who HAVE to work for that company. they good ones deserve better.

Pros:
  • Some people are nicehelpful some are full of it and make stuffup
Cons:
  • That was a new one have all chats to prove it
  • Chat about 45min ago it was cuz of materials not available bs
  • See above

Preferred solution: fix the issue and stop giving us the run around. credit for time without service and credit for loss of income!!!!!!! and stop lying to people and promise things you have no intention of keeping

User's recommendation: stay away!!!!!!

Jen R Gvr

Verified Reviewer

Parked in my driveway and spent time on my property with no permission

There has been a crew working in our neighborhood the past three days. The employees have parked older cars in my driveway rather than using the public parking spots. I have them on my camera hanging out by my back door while I was at work today and no permission was given and I dont even have century link. It is bad enough they have a box they cut wire from all summer long and leave the wire for me to pick up. I would appreciate a call regarding this or will be getting ahold of BBB. 651-354-**** cell phone Jen Rasmussen

map-marker Roseburg, Oregon

They were unreliable in their service and definitely dishonest in their business dealings

E CewMy late wife and me had been customers with this company since 2003. In 2009 we bundled their services to include internet service, Dish service,and telephone service.

The interaction went well until 2020 when the company accused of missing two payments;for February and March of that year. Luckily we had an electronic bill paying thru our local bank. We presented these valid documents to Centurylink; however, they refused to accept them as original(no valid reason given by the.company.. Consequently, we to physically me their representative at our local branch of our bank to physically prove our payments through the bank records???

We did, we thought the problem was solved. Unfortunately, Centurylink began charging us late fees on our monthly payments! I complained to the company for months about this injustice. The company just ignored our complaints.

This was 2021. By 2022 I began to eliminate these late fees charges on my payments for our service(by this time my wife had died) so I was alone in my struggle with centurylink. In 2022 I became fed up with the companies dishonesty. So I filed a complaint with CFPB( The feds consumer protection agency) demanding these false debt payments cease and desist.

Normally most companies will file a response to a consumercomplaint sent tt the CFPB. Centurylink took a different path, they threatened to cut off my internet service!! They claimed that I hadn't paid my bill for Dish service?? (remember my telephone, internet, and Dish service were bundled since 2009) The company falsely claimed that I owed money to for my Dish service?

Up until 2022 the company had never mentioned such a debt until I filed my complaint with the CFPB!! As of 2023 my internet was disconnected.

Iam in my 70's,recently widowed, living in a rural area by myself depending on the internet service for my banking, communication with my family members,and other functions provided by the internet. I pleaded with Centurylink to not proceed with this action. They ignored me and stopped my internet service for over a year!

I filed a complaint with our state PUC. I was told by a representative of the Oregon Public utility commission that the company admitted that my internet bill was not in arrears, but that they did this action to"teach me a lesson!"

As an organization Centurylink is not only Dishonest but INHUMANE!

User's recommendation: take notes on your interactions with them. infact keep witten records of your problems with them

Esley Dsc
map-marker Seattle, Washington

Outright Lies by representatives!

Short and "sweet" Lies Dishonest Reps No timely resolution Trying to claim other carriers at fault??? REALLY???

User's recommendation: DONT START WITH THEM>>>EVER!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article