Refund of Charges for Equipment from Centurylink

281 of 1992 Centurylink reviews

During the last week of December 2015, we decided we had enough of the $170/month bills from Centurylink.Paid final bill in full in January after cancelling my service 12/28/2015.

I took my modem, and TV box back to their local office to turn them in physically and receive a receipt. (12/30/2015). In February 2016- I received a billing statement for $161.25. Since I was on auto-pay, they drew it down from my bank.

(This draw caused my mortgage check to BOUNCE - so another $60 fee on me) When I called Centurylink customer service, I was told the charges were for the equipment that I had not returned, modem, and TV box. I told them this was a mistake and they said go to your local office and address it there. In March I visited the local office and spent an hour there with the manager, trying to be kind and gentle. HE handled it well, and said they would send me a check in April for $211.25 to "make me whole" again.

May is long gone, I'm in June 2016, received another statement/invoice indicating there is now a $372.50 Credit balance. All I want is the $211.25 promised back in March.

If I had owed them money at all, and didn't pay for six months, they would ruin my credit, and turn it over to a collection agency.I AM ANGRY.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Coverage Area
Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Northing this far
  • What I disliked
    • High prices
    • Had to give information numerous times
    • Over billing

Termination Of Services Billing Screw Up
Review category
Telecommunications
review #858491 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Centurylink? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
281 of 1992 Centurylink reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
mjsigns

Jul 04 #1181203

Thank You Centurylink. It was a long stressful 6 months, but they actually sent me a check for $372.50 to settle the account and my complaint. Thanks it works sometimes, just keep trying.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.