During the last week of December 2015, we decided we had enough of the $170/month bills from Centurylink.Paid final bill in full in January after cancelling my service 12/28/2015.
I took my modem, and TV box back to their local office to turn them in physically and receive a receipt. (12/30/2015). In February 2016- I received a billing statement for $161.25. Since I was on auto-pay, they drew it down from my bank.
(This draw caused my mortgage check to BOUNCE - so another $60 fee on me) When I called Centurylink customer service, I was told the charges were for the equipment that I had not returned, modem, and TV box. I told them this was a mistake and they said go to your local office and address it there. In March I visited the local office and spent an hour there with the manager, trying to be kind and gentle. HE handled it well, and said they would send me a check in April for $211.25 to "make me whole" again.
May is long gone, I'm in June 2016, received another statement/invoice indicating there is now a $372.50 Credit balance. All I want is the $211.25 promised back in March.
If I had owed them money at all, and didn't pay for six months, they would ruin my credit, and turn it over to a collection agency.I AM ANGRY.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Northing this far
What I disliked
- High prices
- Had to give information numerous times
- Over billing
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Termination Of Services Billing Screw Up
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "WE NEEDED TO FILE A BBB COMPLAINT AGAINST CENTURY LINK. Century link trusted this statement way too, too much irrationally: “CENTURY LINK MAY CHANGE, CANCEL OR SUBSTITUTE OFFERS AND SERVICES,..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "I ordered a pizza, got the wrong pizza, called Pizza Hut and asked for a correct pizza. It has been 2 hours... And I haven't eaten anything but 2 wings...."
- "REMOVED AN ITEM I WAS SELLING WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE AND I HAD OVER 60 LOOKERS WITH A POSSIBLE SALE OF 6 PEOPLE WHO WERE INTERESTED. CALLED AND ASKED WHY.....THEY SAID..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."
- "Im an insurance agent of 20 years due to anti-money laundering laws i'm required to take training on what to look out for and i'm sure these bank tellers take..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."