Tallahassee, Florida
100% full Resolved

During the last week of December 2015, we decided we had enough of the $170/month bills from Centurylink.Paid final bill in full in January after cancelling my service 12/28/2015.

I took my modem, and TV box back to their local office to turn them in physically and receive a receipt. (12/30/2015). In February 2016- I received a billing statement for $161.25. Since I was on auto-pay, they drew it down from my bank.

(This draw caused my mortgage check to BOUNCE - so another $60 fee on me) When I called Centurylink customer service, I was told the charges were for the equipment that I had not returned, modem, and TV box. I told them this was a mistake and they said go to your local office and address it there. In March I visited the local office and spent an hour there with the manager, trying to be kind and gentle. HE handled it well, and said they would send me a check in April for $211.25 to "make me whole" again.

May is long gone, I'm in June 2016, received another statement/invoice indicating there is now a $372.50 Credit balance. All I want is the $211.25 promised back in March.

If I had owed them money at all, and didn't pay for six months, they would ruin my credit, and turn it over to a collection agency.I AM ANGRY.

Review about: Termination Of Services Billing Screw Up.

I liked: Northing this far.

I didn't like: High prices, Had to give information numerous times, Over billing.

1.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Centurylink Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $255
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Submit review

Comments

mjsigns

Thank You Centurylink. It was a long stressful 6 months, but they actually sent me a check for $372.50 to settle the account and my complaint. Thanks it works sometimes, just keep trying.

to mjsigns Tempe, Arizona, United States #1192436