Refund of Charges for Equipment from Centurylink

During the last week of December 2015, we decided we had enough of the $170/month bills from Centurylink.Paid final bill in full in January after cancelling my service 12/28/2015.

I took my modem, and TV box back to their local office to turn them in physically and receive a receipt. (12/30/2015). In February 2016- I received a billing statement for $161.25. Since I was on auto-pay, they drew it down from my bank.

(This draw caused my mortgage check to BOUNCE - so another $60 fee on me) When I called Centurylink customer service, I was told the charges were for the equipment that I had not returned, modem, and TV box. I told them this was a mistake and they said go to your local office and address it there. In March I visited the local office and spent an hour there with the manager, trying to be kind and gentle. HE handled it well, and said they would send me a check in April for $211.25 to "make me whole" again.

May is long gone, I'm in June 2016, received another statement/invoice indicating there is now a $372.50 Credit balance. All I want is the $211.25 promised back in March.

If I had owed them money at all, and didn't pay for six months, they would ruin my credit, and turn it over to a collection agency.I AM ANGRY.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design
Coverage Area

• What I liked
    • Northing this far
  • What I disliked
    • High prices
    • Had to give information numerous times
    • Over billing

Product or service
Termination Of Services Billing Screw Up
Review category
review #858491 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Centurylink? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 04 #1181203

Thank You Centurylink. It was a long stressful 6 months, but they actually sent me a check for $372.50 to settle the account and my complaint. Thanks it works sometimes, just keep trying.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Centurylink. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Centurylink.
Filing a new complaint about