Sidney, Ohio

I recently moved to a rural area of Ohio where Centurylink is the only internet provider.I read all the dismal reviews of this company before ordering internet, but I really had no choice but to go with them.

I work from home for a large corporation, and VPN access is required. After installing the first line of service, and only getting 3-4 mbps down and .3 up, I knew I was in trouble. I decided to check into installing a second line (poke me in my other eye) just for work purposes. The CL agent told me the total would be around $74 for both lines and that they would NOT charge me for the modem.

I asked him twice about not getting charged a monthly modem rental because I already bought one modem for $20 I was already using on my other line, and I would buy another one if they were going to charge me. He told me again that they would NOT charge a monthly fee. Well, you know the story...I get my bill and there is a $9.99 modem rental charge. I called billing and the guy couldn't have cared less about my issues.

A cold and crass individual basically told me I was lying about what the initial agent had told me and I was stuck with it. Oh, then he asked if I wanted to purchase any of their other products like DirectTV and some other business. Right, like I'm going to spend one more penny with CenturyLink that I don't have to.

What a pitiful company.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of centurylink internet service. Centurylink needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned centurylink internet service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Centurylink.

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Comments