1.5
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Our internet connection has been dropping in and out for about 3 weeks.I went to CenturyLink's website and ran the internet test options that are recommended when we first noticed the problem (3 weeks ago).

It was determined that there was a known issue in our area so I opted to receive a text message notification when the issue was resolved. I never got any notification and am wondering if that is because the issue was never resolved. However, there is no longer any known issues in our area according to the website. So last Monday (8/7/17) I decided to call customer service.

I told the customer service agent that I had run the tests. After she ran her own tests, she determined that we would need a technician (and she repeated numerous times that it had to be THEIR technician, duh, who else would I call?). She told me they would be at our house the next day (Tuesday, August 8 between 1PM and 5PM. I was home the entire day, no call, no show.

I called again and was told due to a heavy workload, a technician would be at our house the next day (Wednesday) between 8AM and Noon. Again, no call no show so I called again and was told that they would be there yet that day. No call, no show. I checked with the "where's my tech" on the website and it showed that they were at our house at 8:24AM - 10:22AM.

That was not the case as I had stayed home the entire day waiting. I called again and was told again that there was a heavy workload in our area and they would be here next Monday (8/14/17) between 8AM and 5PM. Again, NO CALL NO SHOW!! I have been missing work and have put my life on hold waiting for these technicians to show up and they don't even have the decency to let me know they aren't coming.

In the meantime, I received a notification from my cell phone provider that I am at 75% of my data usage for the month.I have never even come close to reaching my limit, but with our wifi cutting in and out, my cell phone has been bouncing in and out of data as well!

Review about: Centurylink Dsl Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Sitting at home waiting for a tech that never showed, Extremely poor repair service, Reliability of product offered.

Had an Experience with CenturyLink?

Comments