I started a CenturyLink account in Feb of 2017 when we bought a house in Jasper County, SC. All the information I was given about costs turned out to be untrue.

It turns out that I was overbilled for quite a few months and finally got a credit on the account that lasted for over six months. I have since sold the house and was told my one person at CL that in order to have the service transferred to the new owner, I had to fill out a form and the new owner had to also fill out a portion of the form. But the form could not be emailed to me it had to go through the mail. The house sale was a cash deal that happened very quickly, so I had already forwarded my mail back to NY.

Therefore, it was impossible for me to get the form to sign or to give it to the new owner. Every person you talk to at CL tells you something different and most times no one you talk to can help you with anything. You are just transferred again and again. There is no local office that you can take the modem to or talk to.

Our neighbor who is next door was told repeatedly that CL does not service our development. However, CL is the only provider of phone and internet service here. Finally after hours of frustration, she talked with someone who could help her. The new owner of our house had the same experience.

If it weren't a monopoly where the company is assigned a particular area, I am sure they would go out of business. And they should go out of business!

Product or Service Mentioned: Centurylink Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 22.

Comments