A few months ago I canceled my CenturyLink internet service after several years. I don't believe I've ever been treated as badly by a company as I have by CenturyLink the last several months. It was about seven months ago that I decided to unbundle my home phone, internet, and Direct TV services because after doing the math it looked like I would save more money after doing this. I called and I got my home phone unbundled and canceled without a problem. After this I requested that my bundle with Direct TV and my CenturyLink internet access be cancelled. I am told that it may take one to two months for the billing cycle to catch up with the changes I've made so I may still have my internet and Direct TV bundled for another month or two. Just to be sure all changes I requested were made, I called the following day just to confirm my request went through for all my services to be unbundled. I was told that they did. I wait the allotted time and finally the third month rolls around and I get my bill and I find out that my internet and Direct TV services are still bundled. So I call again...
I am assured that THIS TIME my request has gone through. As before, I called the day after my request to confirm the changes went through and I am again assured they did. I decide to call again about a week later to make sure my account did not magically bundle itself again. But unlike last time, I get an order confirmation number and a precise date when my services were (allegedly) unbundled.
Like last time, I wait the stated one to two month period and I get my bill and MY SERVICES ARE STILL BUNDLED!!! OK. I'm getting pretty annoyed here. Who is changing my account settings back without authorization? What's going on? It seems CenturyLink REALLY wants to keep its customers stuck in these bundles!
To get some answers I even tried calling Direct TV to see if they could help me unbundle my services but they tell me I have to go through CenturyLink. The woman I talk to is very nice and very helpful. She told me a little about how the bundling works and she confirms for me that they had not gotten any notification from CenturyLink whatsoever that I had even made a request to unbundle my services. I thank her for her help and I call the dreaded CenturyLink again.
I think to myself: I'll give this company one last shot to honor my request. I call and ask if my services are still bundled and I am told they are. I immediately inform the CenturyLink representative that I had called before and was told my services had been unbundled by such and such time on this exact date. All of a sudden, almost stumbling over his words, the rep tells me he made a mistake and, yes, my services ARE unbundled. I could tell in his voice this kid was not a very good liar. This pissed me off. First, a company refuses to honor a long time customer's request and then they outright lie to me?? *** no. So I shopped around and found another internet provider... who is actually cheaper.
I don't know what happened to CenturyLink. They used to seem like a reliable company but I did not appreciate how I was treated at all.
Does anyone else have any bundling nightmares to share?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Customer Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "You *** ***. I am paying for a 60$ plan, and my bill this month was 200$ I AM NOT ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL DATA THATS YOUR FAULT THAT YOU DON"T..."
- "I have had different services provide my cable throughout the years that I have lived in my home. My first satellite company installed a dish on my roof about..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."