Cedar Rapids, Iowa

In December, 2013 I was contacted by CenturyLink because my contract was about to expire. The rep told me they had a really great deal going on and I could get BOTH internet and Direct TV for $35.93 per month for one year.

Since I was paying more than that for internet alone, I agreed. However, not after verifying the information SEVERAL times with the rep. The night before the tech was to come to install the dish I received an email from Direct indicating my new bill would be twice what I was quoted and I would have a two year contract. I immediately contacted CenturyLink but of course no one would answer my email or return my calls.

When the tech showed up the next day he of course, knew nothing about it. I continued to attempt to contact both Century Link and Direct to clarify the conditions of my contract. When I was able to speak with a rep days later, I was told "you should have known that was too good to be true" (so it was MY fault the rep lied?) and that they didn't even have a one year contract as the rep indicated. I knew the phone call was recorded and demanded they pull it and listen.

After taking it all the way to corporate office, literally dozens of calls and three months into the contract, I was told they did't have time to listen to the phone call but would honor what I was promised. (obviously they had listened to the call and knew I was right) They did pay the difference... for the first year. At the end of that time I received a bill for over $140 a month for my service.

I called Century Link and was told I no longer had a contract with them (even though I was told I had a 2 year contract) but I DID still have a two year contract with Direct! I asked to speak with the individuals that told me they would honor the original agreement and was told neither worked for the company any longer. After filing a complaint with the BBB and FCC Century Link admitted that BOTH still worked there but I was unable to speak with them. In fact, I was unable to speak with ANYONE at corporate.

I am stuck paying FOUR times the amount I was promised for the remainder of my contract. I have been repeatedly lied to, deceived and generally screwed over by CenturyLink.

I have never experienced such poor customer service and deception in my life. They will say anything to get your business then hang you out to dry.

Product or Service Mentioned: Centurylink Tv Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Centurylink Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments