1.3

Update by user Jan 31, 2016

I'm game for class action lawsuit. Anyone else in?

Update by user Jan 31, 2016

This is the response I got from Century link on my BBB complaint (and yes, they didn't even get my long distance rates right in their response, if that shows you how much "research" was done) Not only that, but I'll be a little "Capt Obvious" here, If I tell them I am being billed over $200/mo and they tell me I am being billed correctly at $132/mo, someone didn't look at my bills or read my complaint before responding.Anyway here is the response they gave to the BBB complaint for your humor: Thank you for your recent email.

I have now been able to complete my investigation of the situation you reported in your email sent. Please accept my sincere apology for any misunderstanding or inconvenience you may have experienced with your billing issue.

According to the records on your account, you are billed correctly. You were quoted 132.89 plus taxes, fees and surcharges. You are also billed $0.10 per minute for long distance.

You will have to contact DTV about their charges.

Mr.

Zahler, I want to thank you again for taking time to bring this issue to our attention. If there is anything further I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for choosing CenturyLink for your telecommunication and entertainment needs.We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Donna Powell CenturyLink Consumer/Small Business Sales and Care Customer Advocacy Group 100 CenturyLink Drive Monroe, LA 71203 Office 318 340 5351

Original review posted by user Dec 30, 2015

I signed up for a bundle, detailed billing to be $135 / mo 5 months ago. Have been charged over twice the amount I agreed to for both internet and TV. Supposed to pay $35 / mo for internet, have been paying $76 / mo. Supposed to pay $34.99 for Direct TV, through Century Link, have been paying $79 / mo.

I have been trying to contact ANY customer service personnel for 2 months now, to try to correct this. I have been unable to reach them in any capacity. I have even tried the contact info for the Board of Investor Relations and Board of Directors without success. The links to "chat" don't show up on the website, the numbers I have found have had me on hold for 3+ hours ( and called 3 times/week for 2 months now), at which point I had to leave and hang up.

They lied to me to get me to sign up, and now I will have to pay >$500 to get out of my Direct TV, because Century Link lied about the price I would pay.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, 2 complaints with the FCC and am going to file a complaint with Ft Riley, KS to pursue having them put on the "off limits" list of local businesses. I have emailed my situation to local news agencies, as well as contacting the local and State legislatures and the Chamber of Commerce, and would recommend any others in my situation do all the above as well, if this is to end.

And still now word from Century Link.....if that tells you anything...

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "poor customer service and pricing." of centurylink bundle and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Centurylink needs to "i want refunded the $250 i have over paid thus far, and i want $750 to allow me to leave direct tv and centurylink (cancellation fees). i want the money, not a "credit" so that i will be able to provide proof of payment for cancelling in the future" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned centurylink bundle in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Centurylink.

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Comments

Just wait, I also filed a complaint with the better business bureau, Centurylink agreed to a price for me to pay back.Which I told them send me a final bill with that amount and I will pay.

Well the next letter I received was from a Collection Agency for the Full amount. I paid the agreed upon amount to the collection agency. 2 years later I get a bill (last week) for the remaining balance on the original bill. I'm so fed up as well.

I would be with you on a class action lawsuit.This is insane.

to Anonymous #1378880

You will have to contact the state Attorney General office and file a complaint with that office.I did that with KS and it is the only way I ever got a response from Century Link.

Apparently any and all communications companies that want to do business in KS have to sign a contract with the state that essentially says they will be honest, etc and respond to customers in a timely manner, etc. They violate that with every customer.

Do a google search for that document and bring that up with the state Attorney General.It wasn't until the Attorney General contacted them that Century Link actually responded.