Centurylink - Lied to...
I called to cancel my internet and phone service in October, 2013 due to a relocation. I made the effective termination date of November 1, 2013 as this was my move out day. The rep told me there would be an early termination fee so I asked them to transfer services to my new residence. The rep checked my new residence for service but discovered it was not available. He told me he would waive the fee because they did not have service there. In December, 2013 I received a bill which was explained to me by a supervisor as the final bill and she also advised me that there would be no early termination fee and told me she was noting the account as we spoke. She advised me to call back if I received any additional charges and if so, they would be reversed. In February, 2014 I received a bill for an early termination fee. I called and was eventually transferred to a rep that was cold mannered and unwilling to reverse the charges.
In conclusion, I understand what a contract is but my gripe is when multiple representatives tell you they will waive a charge and none of them were upheld. The reps specifically tell you they are making notes on your account and fail to do so. I was told at the end that if I wanted transcripts of my activity I would need to obtain a subpoena. If I was told from the beginning there would be no budging, I would accept the fact.
Other than that, learn to multitask as a company. Every time I call, I am transferred to at least 5 reps, sometimes back and forth to the same departments.
Absolutely the worst customer service I have experienced. I will never work with Century link again and will pay more to use another companies services. My goal now is to make everyone I come in contact with aware of the struggles with Century link, in hopes that they will not make the same mistake I did.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Early Termination Fee
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "I returned a modem to Centurylink via UPS on the day I received it without every using the service. I mistaken assumed that when I returned the equipment they..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."