Centurylink - Lied to...
I called to cancel my internet and phone service in October, 2013 due to a relocation. I made the effective termination date of November 1, 2013 as this was my move out day. The rep told me there would be an early termination fee so I asked them to transfer services to my new residence. The rep checked my new residence for service but discovered it was not available. He told me he would waive the fee because they did not have service there. In December, 2013 I received a bill which was explained to me by a supervisor as the final bill and she also advised me that there would be no early termination fee and told me she was noting the account as we spoke. She advised me to call back if I received any additional charges and if so, they would be reversed. In February, 2014 I received a bill for an early termination fee. I called and was eventually transferred to a rep that was cold mannered and unwilling to reverse the charges.
In conclusion, I understand what a contract is but my gripe is when multiple representatives tell you they will waive a charge and none of them were upheld. The reps specifically tell you they are making notes on your account and fail to do so. I was told at the end that if I wanted transcripts of my activity I would need to obtain a subpoena. If I was told from the beginning there would be no budging, I would accept the fact.
Other than that, learn to multitask as a company. Every time I call, I am transferred to at least 5 reps, sometimes back and forth to the same departments.
Absolutely the worst customer service I have experienced. I will never work with Century link again and will pay more to use another companies services. My goal now is to make everyone I come in contact with aware of the struggles with Century link, in hopes that they will not make the same mistake I did.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Early Termination Fee
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My Internet speed dropped to an average of 50bits /sec about a week ago. I have been on the phone with them every day since. They are telling me the..."
- "I ordered centurylink before reading all the terrible reviews online. Even after reading them I thought.... well they are a big company and most big companies have some bad reviews..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."