Centurylink - Lied to...

I called to cancel my internet and phone service in October, 2013 due to a relocation. I made the effective termination date of November 1, 2013 as this was my move out day. The rep told me there would be an early termination fee so I asked them to transfer services to my new residence. The rep checked my new residence for service but discovered it was not available. He told me he would waive the fee because they did not have service there. In December, 2013 I received a bill which was explained to me by a supervisor as the final bill and she also advised me that there would be no early termination fee and told me she was noting the account as we spoke. She advised me to call back if I received any additional charges and if so, they would be reversed. In February, 2014 I received a bill for an early termination fee. I called and was eventually transferred to a rep that was cold mannered and unwilling to reverse the charges.

In conclusion, I understand what a contract is but my gripe is when multiple representatives tell you they will waive a charge and none of them were upheld. The reps specifically tell you they are making notes on your account and fail to do so. I was told at the end that if I wanted transcripts of my activity I would need to obtain a subpoena. If I was told from the beginning there would be no budging, I would accept the fact.

Other than that, learn to multitask as a company. Every time I call, I am transferred to at least 5 reps, sometimes back and forth to the same departments.

Absolutely the worst customer service I have experienced. I will never work with Century link again and will pay more to use another companies services. My goal now is to make everyone I come in contact with aware of the struggles with Century link, in hopes that they will not make the same mistake I did.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Early Termination Fee
Review category
review #475316

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Centurylink? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 15, 2015 #1064305

I had a similar experience. Moved from Iowa to Ohio and was assured my contract was transferred. After one year and 1 week, I cancelled. They hit me with a $200 early cancellation fee. Called and was transferred to five equally incompetent people. I asked person #5 to speak to his supervisor and was told he wasn't working that day. What a joke. STAY AWAY FROM CENTURYLINK!

May 14 #1158894 Marianna, Florida

Hope you didn't go to Comcast..just as bad...if not worse....

Feb 28, 2015 #952013 Lorain, Ohio

You are correct century link is a very bad business,very bad customer service,hopefully enough people will see how expensive they are and we can run them out of town...

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Centurylink. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Centurylink.
Filing a new complaint about