4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out we couldn't have Prism TV, but they were contracted with Direct TV. Decided to do it anyway. PURCHASED IN A BUNDLE - we ordered 10mgs High-speed internet & TV. Three months into our service, we noticed our TV & Internet weren't performing well, so we ran a check on our speed through our computer at speakeasy.net/speedtest. We noticed we were only receiving 6 mgs. Called the company, got a tech out. He tested up to the house and measured 10 mgs, but noticed the measurement WAS only 6 at our computer. The explanation was our Direct TV was robbing 20% of our speed! After 5 "customer service" reps, we were told that they couln't "control" Direct TV and how much of our speed is being used for television.
I don't know about you, but shoudn't they offer a better solution for the people they are ADVERTISING 10 mgs to in a BUNDLE??? We figure we are over-paying $6 a month for internet we are not using for our INTERNET SERVICE. We are looking for others who are discovering this and would like their 10 mgs in internet PLUS Television - like they advertise, and would also like compensation for already paid monies as well as an opportunity to be released from contract with no penalty due to the false services description.
- PLEASE! ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROOF THAT THIS IS/WAS HAPPENING TO THEM!!
Contact Kelly Brogan at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address & phone #
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Low Internet Speed
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I've had quite the week with CenturyLink. I first called on Tuesday, 02/18 asking to have my service transferred to my new address. I had a balance due and couldn't..."
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "Century Link is guilty of theft and false advertising. I advise that anyone who has come to this conclusion (if you haven't you will) to contact the attorney general and..."
- "My grandmother ordered my son a new bedroom set from the rooms to go in Ocala, Fl. We were so excited to get it. On the delivery date they brought..."
- "I recently painted my living room with Sherwilliams Superpaint. What a shock I always buy premium paint I think the extra cost is worth the time it saves you. My..."
- "i have pictures of the 3800 s.w colege road ocala fl location. it is disgusting. none of the tables were clean(not like it was busy)there is a huge spill on..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."
- "Their service sucks! Couple days ago I notice my page was in blank when I had many listings and I contact them by email and they said because they send..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."