4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out we couldn't have Prism TV, but they were contracted with Direct TV. Decided to do it anyway. PURCHASED IN A BUNDLE - we ordered 10mgs High-speed internet & TV. Three months into our service, we noticed our TV & Internet weren't performing well, so we ran a check on our speed through our computer at speakeasy.net/speedtest. We noticed we were only receiving 6 mgs. Called the company, got a tech out. He tested up to the house and measured 10 mgs, but noticed the measurement WAS only 6 at our computer. The explanation was our Direct TV was robbing 20% of our speed! After 5 "customer service" reps, we were told that they couln't "control" Direct TV and how much of our speed is being used for television.

I don't know about you, but shoudn't they offer a better solution for the people they are ADVERTISING 10 mgs to in a BUNDLE??? We figure we are over-paying $6 a month for internet we are not using for our INTERNET SERVICE. We are looking for others who are discovering this and would like their 10 mgs in internet PLUS Television - like they advertise, and would also like compensation for already paid monies as well as an opportunity to be released from contract with no penalty due to the false services description.

Contact Kelly Brogan at: kdsutto@gmail.com with your name, address & phone #

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 1 No 1
Had the same issue 9 Yes 9
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 19 #1229354 Anniston, Alabama

I will joint class action against CL. I was promised 20mg speed, paid for it, but ended up with only 8mg speed. After cancelling was billed for two months service I did not have

0 0 Reply

Jul 25 #1189724 Denver, Colorado

I would absolutely join it for problems with Century link and the merge that didn't by Prism TV. Even 10 different customer service reps say they have been a nightmare and taped them before they realized it and hung up...this site won't let you private message you back...from Colorado... Check back... V.

Jul 23 #1189032 Haleyville, Alabama

i live in alabama and they only offer 1.5mb where i live cuz im outside of city but its $80/m and has been only options for 10yrs + and it is up and down all the time 1.5 is slow as is so when it drops to under half meg its usless but the bill never lowers but they refuse to spend the money to make other areas better but keep uping the speed in others and when it gets bandwith exhausted the low end higher paying ppl suffer

Jul 23 #1189034 Pell City, Alabama

haleyville al didnt see the thing to change location

pvazcake at Gmail

Jul 21 #1188065 Scottsdale, Arizona

I am in Arizona and I would like to join in this lawsuit, I was asked to change over both of my accounts from Cox Communications for $54.46 each including installation plus more options. Every 3 months I have to spend over 3 hours getting talking to CLP because they raise each account up to $130.00.

Jun 04 #1168736

I was and have been on hold calling century link about my "excessive Internet use" they shut me off on the 1st after auto pay on 24th of previous month. No answers why, what to do. And while on hold they hold music says " fast reliable Internet with bandwidth to spare " not. I have 2 kids, playstation and netflix and have went over twice they say. So now they want me to upgrade to business for my house. Ridiculous. I want to sue them for my time and false advertising. Any takers.....? Email me

0 0 Reply

Jun 01 #1167297

They make sure they don't give you any proof of any over the phone agreements....they refused to send us an agrrement thru email or snail mail...so were just saving all our bills and making sure theres 3 people listening whenever we have to renegotiate our bill with a price we were promised for 1 year.

Apr 22 #1148744

Has anyone started up a lawsuit? If so I would like to join in.
We have been dealing with Centurylink and this *** since 2006. We have moved twice and they have completely run the monopoly in both of these areas. Our internet speed is supposed to be 10mbps but we are lucky if we get 1mbps. This is ridiculous, (can not even watch a Youtube video or stream netflix at that speed)......and all they can say when you contact tech support is that they will fix it and give you a date. When that date comes it they just push it ahead. This has happened 3 times now and we are completely fed up.

Mar 29 #1136016

Trying to port my number to magic jack. Tried over 10 times over 4 days. Century link kept rejecting it and they claim they wete never notified. Now my number is disconnect and I have to pay $30 reactivation fee and wait 9 days for them to reactivate it. Magic jack said im not the only person having this issue. Im feeling it punishment for leaving Century link

Jan 27 #1101562

Definitely want to be part of a class action lawsuit. We are so tired of the non action and minimal internet service. Century link knows there's a major problem and is not doing anything. We have to turn off every device but one and it's still super slow. We are paying for Amazon Prime and Netflix and have not been able to watch a single show in five months. We've called several times, they have been out here five times and they say they're working on it. We live in a very rural area and don't have many options. We'd support a class action lawsuit.

Dec 18, 2015 #1080880 Portland, Oregon

If you value your time, money and sanity- never do business with CenturyLink. Never. It's literally like getting into a contract with the Devil. Pretty much every other review described the issues I have faced: incompetent technicians, ultra-rude CSR reps, constant ping-ponging through their phone tree and transfers to multiple people in 1 call, encounters that last hours, dishonest fees and charges, repetitive requests never fulfilled. At this point I want nothing more than to file a HUGE class action lawsuit and dismantle the entire organization. Surely there are more than enough plaintiffs!

4 0 Reply

Mar 28 #1135427

Yes, these crooks hold us hostage to their monthly monopoly and then charge us a King's ransom to transfer service, add any thing to our existing service, or even cancel this crappy service. It's time to retaliate against this greedy corporation who customer service rep's will hang up on any unsuspecting customer trying to get their issues resolved. I am tired of their flippant attitude.

Apr 22 #1148539 Lebanon, Oregon

I would LOVE to join a class action suit.
Oh the stories I can tell and have PROOF! I am 64 and have never sued anyone before. The final straw came and went MANY straws ago..

Nov 25, 2015 #1069468

there biggist fraud is telling people there not in a contract but when u go to cancel they tell you are in contract and cant cancel so i gg phone gotta keep paying phon tv and internet even tho i dont use them

Nov 24, 2015 #1069137 Waynesville, Missouri

You can count me in,
I pay 90 a month for centrality a month and my cell LTE has better internet which is truly for 4G, but I don't care that much the AT&T rips me off because at least it works. I just feel that Centrylink get a ton of money for providing the worst internet service I have ever had.

Upset Customer

Oct 26, 2015 #1053873 Miami, Florida

I dislike U-Verse & Comcast which I have had a bad experience with especially since they promise to deliver but fall way short of giving you your money's worth. They sure love to charge for their service but the return is pitiful.
Please let me know if you have resolved your internet problem and if not what you plan to do about it. I feel it's high time these businesses that promise service should be held accountable. And please don't get me started on their movie packages and their outrageous prices for television.

Sep 06, 2015 #1030468

Do you still need evidence? I dislike this company so much after what they have done to me I would love to help in any way possible.

Aug 17, 2015 #1020754

BTW, file complaints via the Florida Public Service Commission, the FCC, the FTC, and the BBB. I don't know if the complaints will help, but at least it will then be a matter of record.

Aug 17, 2015 #1020752

CenturyLink DSL in the rural areas of Florida can be very bad. Customers are promised a lot, and get very little. Some customers feel they have been misled, or outright lied to.
If you search online, and on various social networks with keywords CenturyLink or hashtags: #CenturyLink and Florida, you will see a lot of complaints.

Jul 17, 2015 #1008823

Have billing problems with Cenurylino. Bringing it to ttty. General for investigation and going to media as well.he FL A

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.