3K views

4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out we couldn't have Prism TV, but they were contracted with Direct TV. Decided to do it anyway. PURCHASED IN A BUNDLE - we ordered 10mgs High-speed internet & TV. Three months into our service, we noticed our TV & Internet weren't performing well, so we ran a check on our speed through our computer at speakeasy.net/speedtest. We noticed we were only receiving 6 mgs. Called the company, got a tech out. He tested up to the house and measured 10 mgs, but noticed the measurement WAS only 6 at our computer. The explanation was our Direct TV was robbing 20% of our speed! After 5 "customer service" reps, we were told that they couln't "control" Direct TV and how much of our speed is being used for television.

I don't know about you, but shoudn't they offer a better solution for the people they are ADVERTISING 10 mgs to in a BUNDLE??? We figure we are over-paying $6 a month for internet we are not using for our INTERNET SERVICE. We are looking for others who are discovering this and would like their 10 mgs in internet PLUS Television - like they advertise, and would also like compensation for already paid monies as well as an opportunity to be released from contract with no penalty due to the false services description.

- PLEASE! ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROOF THAT THIS IS/WAS HAPPENING TO THEM!!

Contact Kelly Brogan at: kdsutto@gmail.com with your name, address & phone #

Product or Service Mentioned: Centurylink Bundle.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

My problem with Centurylink is that my receipt says every month for the bundle is $122.60. They sent 1st billing for $337.63 so I called them up to ask why and the said it was a billing error and would be corrected on the next billing so I paid the the $337.63 and when the 2nd bill came it was for $203.66 so I called again to shut it all off and went back to previous company.

I believe they are still doing this rip off scam.

This story is much longer as it started with a ring of the door bell by a female sales rep!!! I"M LOOKING FOR THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST Centurylink in Las Vegas, NV

I live in Paisley and have went through *** with Century Link when I changed to Dish I just finished writing the CEO a letter . Many states have filed class action lawsuits against them.

Does anyone know if Florida has filed one yet. This company needs to be put out of business

to Lamia716 #1446805

Im trying to also get into a class action in florida..They breech the agreed contract amount every month..I will agree on a certain price for 12 months, then my bill will be anywhere from ten dollars more than agreed on or this month 300 DOLLARS more...Please let me know if u find out how to file a class action..THIS IS FRAUD...WHERE IS THE FCC? WHERE ARE THE STATES ATTORNEY ?? Ur welcome to email me kaylasong@hotmail.com

Ocala, FL.....My bill went from aprox. $71 a month to $199.

My 1 year contract was up so I took my equipment, paid my bill, and asked for them to turn my service off. I was informed that they "DIDN'T DO THAT!" I needed to phone. So I paid my bill, and turned my equipment in and asked for a receipt informing her the gal ahead of me just did that....okay, she agreed to that. I proceeded to phone customer service and was told I had signed a new contract (NO) and would be charged $240 disconnect fee.

Say what? She would be happy to give me a different contract to keep me though. I think this sounds like racketeering and I want the State DA office to investigate for the residents of FL.

I'm waiting for a copy of my new contract that I never heard of until today. I will be more than happy to join in a class action suit again'st this company as well.

Billings, Montana, United States #1305985

I received a call from a Centurylink representative last November 2016, at my salon during business hours. He wanted to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying monthly for my two phone lines and internet service.

When I shared the information with him he told me that Centurylink could give me the same price but it would also include nationwide calling. That sounded like a good deal to me so I agreed to let him set up a time to have my service switched over. When I received my first bill it had several charges that I was not made aware of and at the bottom of the bill in fine print a statement saying that I was under a three year contract and that if I cancelled my service before the end of the contract I would be charged over $700.00 per line. I was not made aware of any three year contract by the Centurylink rep.

and was not asked to sign one.

I immediately called my old carrier and had my service switched back and have received another bill from Centurylink for $1500.00. I have tried multiple times to get through to Centurylink to get this resolved but they just keep passing me around from one person to another. They said I need to get a (ticket adjustment) as they call it, but I just get emails with a no reply option saying "ticket adjustment denied".

I have been totally scammed by Centurylink and I don't know what else to do. This company should not be able keep getting away with ripping off consumers!

Seattle, Washington, United States #1297923

I couldn't join if it's specific to the 10mb service plan issue. However, should you open up the class action suit to basic customer fraud I'm in!

The absolute worst company in the world.

Far worse than comcast. Intentionally defraud clients/customers on daily basis.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States #1297441

If you are still game, I'm aboured. I am paying for 6mbps and only receiving 3.30, not good enough for movies.

Have 2 separate accounts, modems and lines. Dish and Directv.

Marysville, Ohio, United States #1277294

I will be glad to join class action lawsuit. CenturyLink is defrauding consumers by falsely advertising telephone and internet rates.

Drbrown1975
Poulsbo, Washington, United States #1263551

We will join. Have had centurylink since 2007 in two different locations over 300 miles apart and still having the same issues.

Anniston, Alabama, United States #1229354

I will joint class action against CL. I was promised 20mg speed, paid for it, but ended up with only 8mg speed. After cancelling was billed for two months service I did not have

Denver, Colorado, United States #1189724

I would absolutely join it for problems with Century link and the merge that didn't by Prism TV. Even 10 different customer service reps say they have been a nightmare and taped them before they realized it and hung up...this site won't let you private message you back...from Colorado...

Check back... V.

Haleyville, Alabama, United States #1189032

i live in alabama and they only offer 1.5mb where i live cuz im outside of city but its $80/m and has been only options for 10yrs + and it is up and down all the time 1.5 is slow as is so when it drops to under half meg its usless but the bill never lowers but they refuse to spend the money to make other areas better but keep uping the speed in others and when it gets bandwith exhausted the low end higher paying ppl suffer

to Anonymous Pell City, Alabama, United States #1189034

haleyville al didnt see the thing to change location

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States #1188065

I am in Arizona and I would like to join in this lawsuit, I was asked to change over both of my accounts from Cox Communications for $54.46 each including installation plus more options. Every 3 months I have to spend over 3 hours getting talking to CLP because they raise each account up to $130.00.

I was and have been on hold calling century link about my "excessive Internet use" they shut me off on the 1st after auto pay on 24th of previous month. No answers why, what to do.

And while on hold they hold music says " fast reliable Internet with bandwidth to spare " not. I have 2 kids, playstation and netflix and have went over twice they say. So now they want me to upgrade to business for my house. Ridiculous.

I want to sue them for my time and false advertising.

Any takers.....? Email me

They make sure they don't give you any proof of any over the phone agreements....they refused to send us an agrrement thru email or snail mail...so were just saving all our bills and making sure theres 3 people listening whenever we have to renegotiate our bill with a price we were promised for 1 year.

Has anyone started up a lawsuit? If so I would like to join in.

We have been dealing with Centurylink and this *** since 2006.

We have moved twice and they have completely run the monopoly in both of these areas. Our internet speed is supposed to be 10mbps but we are lucky if we get 1mbps. This is ridiculous, (can not even watch a Youtube video or stream netflix at that speed)......and all they can say when you contact tech support is that they will fix it and give you a date. When that date comes it they just push it ahead.

This has happened 3 times now and we are completely fed up.

Trying to port my number to magic jack. Tried over 10 times over 4 days.

Century link kept rejecting it and they claim they wete never notified. Now my number is disconnect and I have to pay $30 reactivation fee and wait 9 days for them to reactivate it.

Magic jack said im not the only person having this issue. Im feeling it punishment for leaving Century link

Definitely want to be part of a class action lawsuit. We are so tired of the non action and minimal internet service.

Century link knows there's a major problem and is not doing anything. We have to turn off every device but one and it's still super slow. We are paying for Amazon Prime and Netflix and have not been able to watch a single show in five months. We've called several times, they have been out here five times and they say they're working on it.

We live in a very rural area and don't have many options. We'd support a class action lawsuit.

Portland, Oregon, United States #1080880

If you value your time, money and sanity- never do business with CenturyLink. Never.

It's literally like getting into a contract with the Devil. Pretty much every other review described the issues I have faced: incompetent technicians, ultra-rude CSR reps, constant ping-ponging through their phone tree and transfers to multiple people in 1 call, encounters that last hours, dishonest fees and charges, repetitive requests never fulfilled.

At this point I want nothing more than to file a HUGE class action lawsuit and dismantle the entire organization. Surely there are more than enough plaintiffs!