1.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

In May I signed up for Century Link service at my house to get wifi. I got my modem but my service was not turned on because they did not inform me that I needed to be home and did not bother to try opening the fence to the backyard as it was left unlocked for them.

I had to wait a week and then they came out an turned it on. 2 weeks later I had a service order in to move to a new address. They told me it would be turned off and turned on at the new address on the same day. Instead a week before moving my service was turned off and after being on the phone for 2 hours they said it was a mistake and there was nothing I could do about it.

I was without service that I was paying for for a week and then upon moving to my new place I came home from work the day I was supposed to have it turned on and there was a note on my door saying it was done. When I tried using it, it did not work. 2 hours on the phone later, I was told I needed a new modem and that they forgot to tell me and that it would be brought to my house by a technician the next day. Next day rolls around and I dont get anything so I give them a call and they told me something entirely different.

I was told it had to be shipped and that it would take a week and that I needed a new modem because they sent me one they stopped using in February. I wait a week and no modem so I called again. This time, they cant even find the order that was supposed to be placed for the modem. The lady finally tells me that they can overnight it to me and I will get it the next day.

When I got home from work today, still no modem. No one has been able to help me when I have called or used the online chat because they say that I have a "special account" where they cant even track the modem apparently and the only time I can call is monday- friday 8am-6pm.

I do not have service and have been trying to study for an important exam. No one will give me an answer and I have been told different things many times.

Review about: Centurylink Service Transfer.

Reason of review: no service no help.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Online chat system, Customer service.

Comments

*** them. They're screwing me so royally right now.

300 KB/s download speed on a 10 Mb plan. They are no help on the phone.

Useless. Worthless.