37.2K views

The best way to return a modem from CenturyLink is to do Live Chat to get you shipping label sent to you. It is a prepaid label sent by CenturyLink. At the end of the conversation do not close the chat box. Go to Snipping Tool in your accessories on your computer and copy the conversation. Especially make sure you get the RMA # recorded/copied. CenturyLink can track your modem in house by the RMA#. Also, save your tracking # you are given and check to make sure the modem was delivered. You can use the Snipping Tool to copy the page that shows your modem was delivered. Also, to keep your hard earned money in your pocket write down the serial and model #s down and SAVE them. Since CenturyLink sent you the shipping label they can track the modem from their end but there is only a short window of opportunity to do so as the info is only saved for a month or less.

Video you packaging the modem and taking to your car and also video dropping it off at CenturyLinks preferred carrier(transport Co). Keep as much info as you can. Also, put the burden on CenturyLink by telling them to track down the modem as most likely they have it. They have a record of the shipping label they sent you with the RMA # on it. If the people in receiving did their job they will find it! Plus, ask if the modem is insured and make the insurance company pay for the "lost Modem".

CenturyLink should send an e-mail to you when your modem arrives but they don't. That way you would have a record of it if you save the email! Also, the instructions that CenturyLink sends do not tell people to save the RMA# or copy the shippers web page that shows delivery (using the Snipping Tool). I would argue in court that the Modem is the responsibility of CenturyLink after it leaves your hands as you no longer have control of what happens to it. It is their RMA# on the Shipping Label and their shipping label. They can track it from their end all the way to receiving. Maybe a class action suit would get the results for a nice drama free return and some money back in every ones pocket that has been truthful! Truthful people deserve Justice and to not be ripped off by bad business practices! Good luck everyone!

Comments

I spoke with CenturyLink about returning my modem, was given instructions and was able to use the company's website to print out a shipping label. However, a week after sending the modem back via UPS, I called to ask about my bill (because OF COURSE it was wrong....again), and also asked if my modem had arrived.

It had not and the rep told me it was due to arrive the next day. Then she said that I would have to recontact CL to let them know the unit was back in their hands and to NOW ask for it to be taken off my account--even though I had already let them know I was returning it and was given no instructions to recontact the company. I asked why I would ever have to call again, since not only had I already alerted them about my return but their return center should process the modem and do whatever was needed to remove it from the account. How was it now MY responsibility?

I was told that when CL receives a modem, there is no in-house system for for updating and crediting the account, so the customer--who has never been given this information--must call and report the return. What other company in the world makes you call and tell them what they should already know and has no procedure in place to deal with returns? Of course I pointed out the stupidity and was met with stony silence. I really can't believe there is no process for dealing with returned equipment, so this customer rep is likely making it up as she goes along.

But I'm calling them again today because I do not want to see a recurring $10/month charge for a modem I no longer rent. Idiots.

I have been trying to return a modem for over a month and every time I attempt to print a label online it says my account number is not valid. That is funny.

They seem to have no problem doing autopay on that account number every month!

I even got a customer service representative on the phone and even then she would not take down my information and send me a shipping label to return the modem. This is HORRIBLE customer service and someone in their management should CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY.

to Eileen #1625488

I am going thru the same *** right now. I am a Retired employee with 31 years of service. So if that tells you anything......more than half your life dedicated to a company doesn't do *** for you either.

Sending me around the world and still don't have shipping label

I'm returning a modem and I was told to go to www.centurylink.com/returns and I go to that site and there is no where to get a return label,come on how canI get it?

#1581926

I need a label send to my home,so I can returned a modem,century link send me two and I need to send one back.My address is Brenda vega,605 oak street,Fuquay Varina,IF 27526,my cell number is 919-612-9468

Sooo what are the exact cables needed to qualify as a completed return? It doesn’t say anywhere on the website...almost like they want you to miss something.

I called 9-27-18 to have a box and label sent for returning Direct TVmaterial and haven't received ANYTHING. I do not want to pay another $300 for returning equipment late. PLEASE send box and label!!!!!!!

Century Link is the biggest joke for internet service. They tried to over charge me for Direct TV when I didn't even have the service any longer. There customer service is so poor that I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

i need a return label for modem

to Anonymous #1577078

I just want RETURN MODEM LABEL WHY IS THAT SO HARD ?

I need a return label for modem

Going to Centurylink.com/returns will not let you print out shipping label What address do you want it sent to?

I need a return label for my modem

I need a shipping label to send back a modem.

CenturyLINK sounds like a nightmare, I would dearly love to have internet service at our home in an area that is only served by CenturyLink, after reading these reviews, I will continue to use my phone, or free WiFi at the library. It is neither convenient, nor is the cost for extra high speed data on my phone inexpensive at $10.50 for 1 gig of data, but it will prevent our being victimized by the apparently deceptive and predatory business practices of CenturyLink. We did have CenturyLink for phone service only, in another part of the state about 20 years ago, it was expensive, we were charged long distance for calling towns 5-10 miles away, and we had to buy an expensive "Metroplan"

I'm still waiting for a return label for the equipment...How much longer?

Trying to get a shipping label to return old modem.

to NachoInternet #1558584

Click on this link. https://ast.iship.com/centurylink Enter your account number Your last name Home address Email.

You will get an email with shipping label link. Click and print the label.

to Anonymous #1566215

Thanks for the info. It works.