300 S 24th St W, Billings, MT 59102, USA
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan.I told him I was paying around $120.00 a month for my two phone lines and internet for my salon but that my plan did not include nationwide calling.

I was fine not having nationwide calling for that price as the staff and myself would just use our cell phones to return long distance calls. He told me that Century Link could do a plan for around $110.00 a month not including taxes and that it would I would have nationwide calling as well. I thought that would be great and he then scheduled me for a time to have my phone switched over to from Charter to Century Link. When I received my first bill from Century Link I was shocked at all the extra fees that I was not informed about to the tune of $500.00 and on the bottom of the bill in small print was a statement about a three year contract and that if I cancel before the three years was up I would be charged for each line around $700.00.

I also notced extra charges for long distance calling which I was told would be included in the price of $110.00. I immediately called my old carrier to come and switch me back to their service as it was clear to me I had been scammed. Now I have received a bill from them with the addtional charge for what they say is breaking their contract of $1500.00. I was never informed of any three year contract untill I read the fine print on the bottom of my first statement and have not payed this bill.

I have contacted Customer Support and have just gotten pushed from one person to the other but have still not been able to resolve this issue.

How can a company get away with this kind of fraud?Dana Shy/ owner

Review about: Centurylink Bundle.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Liars liars liars.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1276261

Make sure you do not pay their bill.Instead, write them a letter and send it certified stating how you were deceived and why you are not paying their nonsensical bill.

You were, indeed scammed. Never pay something you don't owe.

Whenever you receive an unsolicited phone call or visit from someone you never requested, tell them to go away.It's usually a scam in waiting.

danashy21863
to h.kitchener Billings, Montana, United States #1276418

Thanks, that's what I am going to do.