DO NOT GET CENTURYLINK!Got home from a long day at work and was about to make dinner when Isaac from CL knocked.

I listened to his offer because I thought I didn't like Comcast and was ready to switch (big mistake) and he sold me on CL basic internet package saying that we could cancel within 30 days if we don't want it AND we get a $200 gift card. I took a picture of the terms of the gift card, which is good because he didn't leave any other documentation specific to that, and didn't realize we don't get it at all unless you sign up for their Prism TV service as well. ***, no gift card since we only did internet. When the tech came to install everything and we showed him our modem he said, "we'll just install a new one and keep it off the record." Later I looked at the service form he filled out for me and it says "lease" for modem even though we said we have our own.

Swindled!! Then I take a closer look at the cancellation form and it says THREE days and not 30 days to cancel even though both me and my girlfriend heard the salesman say 30 days multiple times. I just talked to my friend who also just got CL and he said he's getting charged much more than his original sign up price.

I want out and think I might have to *** the bullet and pay the minimum of $200 to cut my losses before the first bill comes and I become another one of the horror stories of the other reviewers on this site.I feel completely swindled and I haven't even received the first bill.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of centurylink internet basics internet plan and associated monetary loss in the amount of $200. Centurylink needs to "cancel service immediately with no fees. initiated contract under false advertising" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned centurylink internet basics internet plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Centurylink.

Had an Experience with Centurylink?

Comments