My Internet speed dropped to an average of 50bits /sec about a week ago.I have been on the phone with them every day since.
They are telling me the router is trading at 11Mbits per second at the router. So I am assuming they arent lying and the cables up to the router are good. I verified the 50bits/second speed on 3 different machines plugged directly into the Modem. In addition, i have used three different LAN cables, and even had another modem that they issued me.
All with the same exact experience. These people dont care to fix my problem. My final call was to try to disconnect my service , and reconnect it with a new account, because i suspect that there is a record somewhere in a database that was orphaned. I couldnt even get through this with them.
Even though i was authorized on the account, i got some snouty-i-know-how-to-deal-with-this-type-of-customer-CSR telling me i was not authorized to deactivate the account.
In closing , do you know what it is like try to explain to one of these people that i CAN connect to google, but it will take me 1.5 days to download the google homepage. google home page ~=800K. 800kilobytes to bits = 6 553 600 bits @ 50bits per second = 131,072 seconds or 36 hours.
Thats right 36 hours to get to google.
thats almost how long it took to read this.
Centurylink is the worst Customer Service i have ever encountered.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Isp Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "Anonymous less than a minute ago I have graciously allowed Century Link to dig a very deep hole in my front lawn, where they indeed found a rotting linkage of cables...."
- "I was excited to have CenturyLink for the first time but they suck!!! I thought Cox and Time Warner were bad but CenturyLink is the worst of all. Is CenturyLink..."
- "I purchased the largest choice of flowers for my wife. I made sure to notate that my wife knows her stuff so make sure you ship some quality flowers to..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "I ordered flowers for a birthday girl and opted to get the "deluxe" arrangement. Well, they delivered the flowers 2 days early and they were pathetic looking! Half dead and..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."