1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I had a Centurylink account in New River (only 3 MBPS max speed available) and I was moving to Scottsale.I wanted to transfer my account to my new apartment.

The sales person at Centurylink asked me if I would open a new account instead of transferring my existing one (probably so he could get a commission). I had family who were moving to my old address so he said I should just leave that account open and they could use it and pay the bill. I told him I didn't want to be in a new contract that I would have to break when I moved back to the old location . He said as long as I stayed with centurylink when I moved they wouldn't charge me.

18 months later I moved back to my old address and cancelled the second account and went back on the first account that I had at the old address. Of course, They charged me a $200 early termination fee. When I contacted them they said it didn't matter that the first account was opened in my name. They said lots of people have 2 accounts and when you close one before the contract is up, we charge you a $200 early termination fee.

Obviously, the sales person who didn't want me to transfer my old account lied to me because he wanted to make his comission and didn't care that I would get charged the $200 when I moved. The customer service didn't care either, they just wanted their $200 from me. Now I'm stuck with Centurylink In New River at the painfully slow top speed of 3MBPS and I have to pay $200 fee even though I am still with them. I can't wait for other companies to put them out of business.

There are hundreds of Yelp reviews of how bad their service is, this is just a drop in the ocean, but every drop counts! Someday I hope they drown in bancruptcy!

I have contacted my attorney.Hopefully they won't get away with their criminal theft behavior.

Review about: Centurylink Service Transfer.

I didn't like: Difficult problem resolution, Had to give information numerous times, Total lack of communication regarding my issues, Not getting what i pay for.

Had an Experience with CenturyLink?

Comments