Centurylink literally made me cry
I've had quite the week with CenturyLink.I first called on Tuesday, 02/18 asking to have my service transferred to my new address.
I had a balance due and couldn't pay it until Thursday. The lady said that was fine, call back on Thursday, and the technician would be able to come out on Friday, 02/21. I called on Thursday and the man I spoke with said that Friday was not possible. There's lie #1 from the girl on Tuesday.
He then proceeded to tell me that he would schedule the transfer for Monday by 5:00 p.m. I later got a confirmation email saying that it was scheduled for Tuesday, not Monday. Lie #2. I got service credits for those days already from representatives.
Then, on Tuesday, my technician never showed up. I was told this was because the clubhouse was closed when he arrived. He was supposed to be here by 5:00 p.m. The clubhouse closes at 6:00 p.m.
It's not my fault he was late. I got service credit for that day as well. The technician finally came on Wednesday and hooked up my service, however it wasn't working. At this point, I was already really angry that I had MULTIPLE representatives lie to me and technicians not doing their jobs.
The lady I spoke with in Technical Support said I would need to have a technician come out Thursday, 02/27, but I may be charged $85. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I've already dealt with enough this week with CenturyLink. I didn't appreciate being told that.
She said my appointment would be for 'tomorrow' between 9am and 1:15pm. It didn't strike me until the next day what that meant, as I had called after midnight. Therefore, I called CenturyLink again on Thursday 02/27 to see if my appt was for that day or the next. The agent had the nerve to tell me she wasn't allowed to check for me because I wasn't authorized on the account.
I proceeded to tell her I have been talking with CenturyLink every day for over a week now and every single agent has talked to me. I've even talked through the Twitter support and through this website to get some service credits without a problem. At this point, I'm absolutely livid. All I wanted to know was when my appointment was that I scheduled.
I then asked if I could speak to a supervisor. She said yes and to hold on. She lied. I was not given to a supervisor.
I was given to a very rude man in escalations. He also told me I wasn't authorized. I asked again to be given to a supervisor. He refused to let me speak with anyone.
He said my brother, Kristopher, would need to call in to get me authorized. I called my brother up and he called into CenturyLink to get me authorized on the account. CenturyLink told him they couldn't add me because the account is in a transferring mode so no changes could be made to the account. They said they would put in a note, however, saying he authorized me to speak with Centurylink.
I called Centurylink back and the lady said there was no note there and she couldn't help me. At this point I was in absolute tears. How am I supposed to do anything with my account that I have 100% access to and know every detail of? It should have been in the previous notes that they were speaking with Danielle so those representatives could have seen that.
Every payment Centurylink has received has been from Danielle. It's ridiculous. The technician did show up on Thursday and said it was not working because the previous technician, from the day before, had hooked up the wrong apartment. Brilliant.
The first thing I want is a service credit for that day. It wasn't broken, the technician just didn't do his job correctly. She left and I noticed throughout the day that my internet is way slower than it was at my old apartment. I'm not sure if CenturyLink switched my plan, but at my old apartment I was on the 3mbps and if they switched it, they never let me know that.
I'd actually prefer something faster if it were possible. I'm currently only getting 0.18mbps down and 0.30 up. That's REALLY slow for the prices I'm paying. Now, I had a Chat Agent tell me they're sending ANOTHER technician out here Saturday between 1-5 and I once again may be charged $85.
Honestly, at this point I am so beyond stressed and I've seriously cried over this. I had homework assignments due and could not do them because of these issues. I have an immune disorder that doesn't allow me to leave much so I very much relied on a fast and smooth transition.
I feel charging me $85 is ridiculous and I feel a promotion should be offered to me at this point with everything I've dealt with, along with a one day service credit because my internet didn't work because the technician hooked up the wrong apartment.I've never been treated so terribly by a company in my life.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Service Transfer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Century link is a scam company! I asked for the service and it never worked! Not once! I had to go back to Comcast to get internet! Now they sent..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "I had ordered iPhone replacement parts from Quality Repair Parts in 3403 Oakland Park, FL on May 26th 2015. After reviewing the company website I was lead to believe that..."
- "10/03/2015. We brought our red and white papillon Bindi into the south 72nd street store to have her cleaned and groomed. Everytime we've taken her in we have specifically told them..."
- "Ordered furniture and covers, were told they were in stock and available immediately, as posted on their website, then later learned they wouldnt ship for 3-5 weeks. Ended up being delivered..."
- "Terrible! Shari's Berries used to be a great product; fancy, huge strawberries, nicely coated, and great presentation. Not anymore. I can only discribe them as Made in China Dollar Store quality...."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "Wolfgang Puck organic tomato bisque soup had a cockroach. Where is the quality control? This is pretty disgusting. The soups must be canned in China but I doubt in the..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."