CenturyLink seems to have a pattern is false/misleading advertising and fraudulent billing. I have personally had 3 different problems with them.
I recently responded to an advertisement offering high speed internet for "$19.95" per month "when you bundle". I already have phone and internet "bundled" with them. When I called, I was told that the only was to get the $19.95 price was if I changed to the absolutely most expensive phone service that they offered which would have raised total well above the current, non-promotion price.
I then spoke to them about changing to the higher speed without changing the phone price. I was eventually offered a 12-month price of approximately $58.50 (including phone, internet and all associated taxes and fees). I asked repeatedly for that total (I probably asked the operator 5 times) and was given that number.
I received an order confirmation in the mail that did not have any prices on it. A few weeks later, I received a bill and buried on page 3 of 6 was a note that part of the special prices was only good for 4 months. No one has ever mentioned "4 months" in the phone conversation.
This is actually the second time that Qwest/CenturyLink has done this to me. The last time I changed the interent service, they quoted me one price on the phone and billed me for twice that.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Misleading Advertising
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "On 7th June, I went to a 5linx meeting in NY Rochester. The guy there was PSVP Andre Maronian. He was telling me how I can earn 50k in my..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat. So far, it has performed well without any problem. Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that..."
- "We purchased and paid over $15K for Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets. Long story short - it was over 18 months ago - we've had SEVEN!(7) replacement sets of doors and..."
- "I downgraded my service and was never billed for it at all. Because Comcast suggested that we go to paperless billing, I never saw a balance. It was at $0..."
- "Bought a klaussner sectional and the construction of it is off. The pillows don't even line up in one area. I'm actually impressed on how bad they screwed up on..."
- "Ryan Homes a problem you don't want because I paid for poor poor workmanship and will still be paying for that poor workmanship to be repaired by professionals. The..."
- "Do not buy from them. Sent wrong part, I contacted via email. They asked for pictures, even after I showed them the pictures the refused to acknowledge they..."