Centurylink - Century Link abandoned giant hole in my front lawn

816 of 1992 Centurylink reviews

Anonymous less than a minute ago

I have graciously allowed Century Link to dig a very deep hole in my front lawn, where they indeed found a rotting linkage of cables. The crew from San Francisco was delightful and told me I was the kindest, friendliest homeowner whose yard they had invaded. The insisted on including me in a photo with them to take to headquarters -- Mountain High Contractors, was it? Something like that -- to show how welcoming I was.

Oh dear, here it is more than a week later (after the local crew came the next day and used my roofer's dumpster and, well, "took"? the particle boards the roofer left for me (I did pay for ithem, after all!) and the hole and 2 orange cones are still there. I have had no calls or communication from the Contractor; they promised the clean everything up and resod the lawn. My month-long attempt to revive the lawn is now ruined; I'm trying to sell the house and it looks absolutely horrible! 2 little girls nearly fell in the open edges at dusk, putting me at legal risk.

When they came to tell me they would have to dig (after insisting vehemently the would NOT dig in my property) the secreted a video recorder; i said "go ahead, I don't care anymore, I'll be dead tomorrow" (an old joke we used often as dark humor in the OR) and the next thing I knew, the police were there to take me off to the Psych Ward for 72 hours. Within minutes they ascertained what nonsense that was -- in a way it was kind of sweet they cared enough, though of course not qualified to make medical judgements in that vein.

Please return and fix my lawn! Do you ever keep your word? Communication is the key!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• No required notice

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Fill the hole and place new sod as you promised
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Centurylink Internet
Review category
Telecommunications
review #691083

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Centurylink? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
816 of 1992 Centurylink reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.