• show-popup

Location Tallahassee, Florida
Category Internet
Views 147
Monetary Loss

CenturyLink has to be the worst telephone company EVER!!! They are totally incompetent. If I could get any other phone service I would.

When I first got their service 3 years ago I requested that long distance service not be turned on at my house. Now, I need it. I have been trying for months - literally 4 months - to get this accoplished. Every time I call they say it will be on in 3-5 days. 4 months later - no long distance service.

I wish I had made a record of all of the calls I made to them and the amount of time I have spent on hold. Every time I call and they say they will take care of it then I have to do an automated authorization - one time they connected me to the authorization in Spanish.

CENTURY LINK SUX 2ef2c52

Comments (24) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 24 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 27, 2012
:( From my on-line account today I tried to view a bill from June 2012. I received a bill from March 2012 for someone else. I think phone records are supposed to be private and protected????? CL is also billing my $50 - $60 more than the agreed upon amount for my bundled package. Hate it!
Reply to Ellen

Sep 16, 2012
I totally agree. Those bastards shut off my utilities regularly. HERE'S A CLIP OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE I GOT:
Me: Hello? I was wondering why my home phone is not working.
Customer support: Did you try unplugging it then replugging it?
Me: No I'm at work now, But could you check for me?
CS: Sure!...Oh... We accidentally shut off your service. Did you try unplugging it then replugging it?
Me: NO! I AM AT WORK.
CS: Okay! Well we can't have someone there till sunday! (The day was wendsday)

At the moment they have shut off my TV. I HATE EM SO MUCH!
Reply to Ethan678

Sep 13, 2012
Qwest was good. But now, I have to call CL on their errors at least once a month. I am quite tired of this. There are maybe three people working for CL that are kind and reasonable. Its not any wonder why CL sucks...they are in bed with VERIZON. As soon as I recover from this latest upset and regain my energy, I am going elsewhere.
:upset :sigh :? :cry :roll :(
Reply to bug

May 26, 2012
quest sucks, these guys swallow. I have never had such crappy service in my life. And that is saying a lot.
Reply to rotten rob

May 26, 2012
Reply to rotten rob

Jan 13, 2012
Century Link is THE worst provider I have ever dealt with, and I have been through a lot of them in other areas. Unfortunately they are the only choice for internet in my area at this time, so I'm stuck. Over subscribing their service, it is unusable at peak times and they are too cheap to add more bandwidth but have no problem charging a lot more than their competitors. All I have to say is I can't wait till Fios or Uverse arrives in the area, the people will leave in droves!!! I hope the company goes belly up, they suck and I hate them with a passion!
Reply to Scott

Dec 06, 2011
I too had quest. I too had the problems after switch for last 3month months. I too spent hours on the phone to be told by tech they were going to Harkless equipment for oversold bandwidth. Im beginning to suspect they are trying to void existing deals through quest at quest rates. What a bunch of ****heads. Maybe ill file in court after seeing this page. Yes, I will look into it. As soon as quest switched to centurylink, my net went to ***.
Reply to mike

Nov 08, 2011
I made the HUGE mistake trying to set up a network connection for internet, home phone and the BIGGEST mistake was to have my wireless phone combined with them. What a NIGHTMARE!! :cry
Reply to They are beyond incompetent

Nov 02, 2011
I cancelled my account as soon as Qwest changed to Century Link.
Now I am getting harrassing calls from thier collection company stating that I owe $46 from a past due bill on an account that was cancelled in July! I have been disputing these charges for 6 months now because the promotional rate from Qwest was supposed to be prorated (or so the sales person told me). After numerous calls and hours on the phone I was then told that "because the sales agent did not note in your account that it was to be pro-rated, there is nothing we can do".
Apparently what is promised on the phone and what the sales people "log in" can be completely different!!!!
I will be filing a complaint with the BBB today. I will NEVER recommend Century Link and will tell anyone that will listen to avoid at all cost and go with Comcast or another company!
Reply to Anna Schmautz

Oct 26, 2011
I have encountered the same baffiling similar situation with these cretens. I suggest we take action by making aware of these fraduluent ethics by confessing it at a local consumer affairs commision.This should be a prevelant resort upon the fact that conversing fairly seems like a waste of time.
Reply to Danid

Oct 26, 2011
With Qwest I had no issues, with CL they overcharged and lied about fixing it 3 times. Liars and rude people with no integrity or customer service skills.
Reply to DAR

Oct 13, 2011
I had qwest for a long time with almost no issues. Then enter century link. The first thing they did was up my bill 50 bucks. When I called them about it they said they didn't offer the same promos as qwest. So I asked them about their promos but ofcourse they weren't available to me since I'm not a new cust. So I called a local company and got their pricing. They have 12 mpbs for 40 bucks less than I was paying for 1.5. Plus they guarantee their speed and price. This also includes phone with free international long distance. I urge people to contact your local providers. They may surprise you. But just make sure they aren't a reseller of cl. They're sneaky like that.
Reply to T

Oct 11, 2011
I had service with qwest for 9 mnts no problem. For some reason i can not explain yet when CL bought qwest they cut my serives and i had to open up a new account. Since then i had to call almost every nt about bad internet. 6 tech. visits, 2 new router and tonight the told me that the server in my area is overloaded and the are in the process in espanding their servers. And it will take 6 weeks to be done If i new this inadvance i would have saved me alot of aggravation and i woudl have go with comcast long time ago with more reliable cable internet
Reply to Rob R

Oct 10, 2011
What a rotten, incompetent, greedy, sleazy company this has turned out to be. Nothing, absolutely nothing, has improved since they took over our area from Qwest, and many things have gotten worse.
A demand for money or they would terminate my service arrived on Saturday, but they do not have weekend customer service that I could find, on the phone or online. This morning, when I finally reached some poor drone in St. Paul, he just said it was an error, I'm paid up, never mind.
I cannot leave that company soon enough, and in a gentle, compassionate way, I'd love to punch the lights out on whatever slimy jerks are deciding their policies. I'll bet they're on Wall St.
Reply to Joe C

Aug 25, 2011
I hate them, hate them, hate them.

I had Quest which was horrible and then Century link bought them out. Every single month my bill goes up $15. I call because gee whiz, you can never contact them on-line. They email you but when you try to log into your accoun they keep telling you tha YOU R email address doesn't exist after THEY JUST EMAILED YOU.

LAST MONTH I spent HOURS on the phone with them to change my service to reduce my bill and THIS MONTH THE BILL WENT UP ANOTHER $15.

COME NOVEMBER THEY ARE PAST HISTORY.

THEY STAFF IS TOTALLY INEPT. I HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM.
Reply to CCJS

Aug 08, 2011
Moved from 15mb in the city to the country where only one service is available CENTURY LINK with 1.5 :cry. How much worse can it get? A lot worse. First 2 months I am stuck at .512 or less. They are now saying 1.5 is not available. Yet my bill never went down. I called the service guy out and he turned me up. I had 1.8 for two months when I called about an overcharge on my bill. They took off over $50 for overcharging me again. The next day I am turned back down. Now after 2 days and 2 hours of calls the guy says I am paying for .512 and if they can turn me up it will be $5 more a month. Just turn me up dirt bag. I will fight about the $5 at a later time. I hate this place so much. Tried to overcharge me $80 the first time. So thats $130 that this company tried to steal from me on top of robbing me of the service I was promised just 5 months ago. One lady had me on hold 2 times for 30 minutes and she didnt even know what I wanted yet. Can I get my point accost first? Know it all yahoo's. Oh ya. By the time I finally let her have it and explained everything 3 times over so she could understand. She said I called the wrong dept and wanted to give me the same number I dialed to talk to her!!! That was call #3 at that point.
Reply to Travis

Jul 18, 2011
Upgraded my speeds to 10mbps; now I'm barely getting 2mbps on a good day. Keep calling Centurylink, keep getting tickets escalated, and my bill reduced. Been two months and still no resolution after numerous dispatches. HERE'S A HINT - IT'S NOT MY NETWORK; IT'S YOUR OUTSIDE EQUIPMENT THAT IS SHOT. Replace the *** equipment already, I'm starting to know the CSR reps by name and their weekend plans(no joke).

Oh and let's not forget, the original rep who I talked to about upgrading said my contract was going to renew by upgrading. Guess what? I'm now locked in for another year with this *** service.
Reply to Corey

May 14, 2011
Ok... So our internet wasn't working properly and CenturyLink told us it would be 24-48 hours before our high speed internet was broken. This was on a Friday. On Tuesday we called back. Still nothing. Turns out our router was the problem so they said they'd send a replacement... They sent the wrong type of router so we only have one computer with internet and no wireless. They said keep the one they sent and they'll send the correct one. Its been two whole weeks since the router stopped working... Still no wireless router...
Reply to Mike

Dec 30, 2010
I live only 2miles outside of my town on a major state highway but i can't get high speed internet from centurylink. but my mother who lives 6 miles out of town and 2 of that is down a dirt road can get dsl. wtf but that is ok i know they spend all the money they collect from my phone bill on trash bags and tape for the phone boxes so its all good
Reply to david

Dec 27, 2010
Agreed- they are the worst. First- they signed me up for a package I did not agree to (lots of added charges and upgrades)- complete fraud! Then tech gave me her direct number to call if I had questions or problems. Called and left messages four times- guess how many return calls I received- ZERO. Probably could not face me after upgrading my bundle package without my permission.

Then I did not actually receive phone or internet service (was having the phone number ported from another provider), but yet claim they would need to charge me a "repair" fee- WTF- never even had service.

Attempted reaching a HUMAN for four days- with NO success. Then I called a local office thinking they would be more helpful- only to get yelled at by the local rep and told I was going to be charged with a repair fee of $49.99 and billed every 15 minutes the technician is at my place. Then she hung up on me! No sympathies that my phone was not working at Christmas so I could not even call any family!

Overall- they truly do suck and I would not recommend Century Link to anyone.
Reply to Sunny

Read next CenturyLink complaint

Lied and told me he would save me money!

I am an office manager at a repair facility.I received a call from someone at USBI, who led me to be...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about CenturyLink.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug