CenturyLink Makes it Impossible to Cancel Service!
After 10 years we decided to cancel our service with CenturyLink (formerly Qwest), and they have made it an absolute hassle! After having to make repeated phone calls to them for ridiculous things (needing to call several times just to get all my services cancelled because they play dumb and act like I didn't make it clear I wanted all services cancelled, inquiring about bills they continue to send me after telling me I was completely paid up, etc.), they are now billing me over $100 for a modem I already sent back to them!
To add insult to injury, I used THEIR mailing label they sent me to return the modem, and I have a UPS confirmation showing the modem was returned to them. I cannot believe the absolute ineptitude of this company, and the problems I have encountered trying to cancel my service, which obviously was the best decision I made.
Their responses to these complaints are laughable ("We would be happy to help you resolve this issue if you would contact us at XXXXX") How about actually helping people the first time and not being complete morons about the whole process.
If they continue to harass me I will not only file complaints with the state attorney general's office but also every complaint website I can find and every consumer protection agency I know of. I am sick and tired of this whole process and I think cancelling my service with them was obviously the best decision I could have made.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. ..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "Jarrod Roth General Agent at Knights of Columbus complaint letters Knights of Columbus Washington State Insurance View attached PDF document to read a few complaint letters. These letters have been archived as public..."
- "After just over a year of owning my laptop it went out in flames. It actually did. I was playing an online game when smoke and fire came out of..."
- "I had the same experience. 24 hour chargers website stated it was selling a "Genuine Apple MacPro charger" it even had the picture of the Apple on the charger! When..."
- "We are not satisfied with the 200 USD coupon offered by your firm for the following reasons - 1) We had remitted 480 USD while booking this private room with the..."
- "Sign up for the class action lawsuit!!! WE need to put this company out of business or make them change their business practices. http://payless-car-rental.pissedconsumer.com/it-s-time-for-a-class-action-lawsuit-20150101576924.html Run don't walk away from this..."