CenturyLink disconnected my service w/out notice
I've been a CenturyLink customer for 9 months.I bundled my DirecTV and Verizon w/CenturyLink.
My phone service was disconnected for non-payment w/out any notice via email, text or phone call. My bill was due on 2/11/12 and the service disconnect occurred on 3/1 - 18 days after my bill was late. My monthly bills for CenturyLink are over $300 and I've always paid w/in 30 days of the due date. I was told by customer retention that the issue was my fault as they sent a text on 2/14 (three days after the bill was past due?) & on 2/29 stating my services would be disconnected.
He also stated that my billing cycle ended on 2/25 which lead to the automatic disconnect of my services on 3/1. I verified w/Verizon that no texts were received from CenturyLink on either date. Per CenturyLink's "terms and conditions": "If we do not receive payment on or before the date the bill is due, we may disconnect all or part of your services. If this happens, we will notify you in writing before we disconnect your services." I was also charged a broadband reconnection fee of $25 on 3/1 even though my internet services were working all day on 3/1.
The customer retention rep was very quick to contradict me on the texts and was indifferent to the fact that my services were disconnected, w/out written notice, for being 18 days late.
He stated that internet and mobile services are not regulated so service termination w/only a text message is deemed sufficient by CenturyLink and its representatives.I've got 10 pages of text message records from Verizon that refute his adamant claim that TWO texts were sent.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I contacted Dave Adamson at SEO Juice after having seen one of his promo ads in the Warrior Forum. I was looking to increase traffic to my website which..."
- "I recently went to purchase a site through Flippa, bought it instantly and the transaction went through immediately (funny how they are happy enough to take your money in an..."
- "To Frontier Communications, As a internet service provider across the United States of America, you lay claim to the largest rural provider of Internet, and Telecommunications. While you are quite content..."
- "I bought a bottle of the HEB thick and chunky, hot salsa. When I was eating it a 3-4 mm piece stuck to the roof of my mouth, but..."
- "In Texas, Ryland Homes contracts out flooring, tile, cabinets, plumbing fixtures, etc. to Wisenbaker Builder Services. We signed a contract with Ryland Homes to build a home in the Austin..."
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "Purchased a FoodNetwork Cookware Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven in taupe at the Valencia, CA store on 11-26-15. The only color available among gaudy and tacky orange and blue. While..."
- "One Florida-based health system may be in some serious HIPAA hot water after one of its employee reportedly leaked and alledgedly sold over 900 medical records for patients who sought..."
- "I ordered the m223 from cabelas Black Friday sale on thanksgiving day. Order was confirmed and I then purchased a mount for that scope for another site. The following day..."