CenturyLink disconnected my service w/out notice
I've been a CenturyLink customer for 9 months.I bundled my DirecTV and Verizon w/CenturyLink.
My phone service was disconnected for non-payment w/out any notice via email, text or phone call. My bill was due on 2/11/12 and the service disconnect occurred on 3/1 - 18 days after my bill was late. My monthly bills for CenturyLink are over $300 and I've always paid w/in 30 days of the due date. I was told by customer retention that the issue was my fault as they sent a text on 2/14 (three days after the bill was past due?) & on 2/29 stating my services would be disconnected.
He also stated that my billing cycle ended on 2/25 which lead to the automatic disconnect of my services on 3/1. I verified w/Verizon that no texts were received from CenturyLink on either date. Per CenturyLink's "terms and conditions": "If we do not receive payment on or before the date the bill is due, we may disconnect all or part of your services. If this happens, we will notify you in writing before we disconnect your services." I was also charged a broadband reconnection fee of $25 on 3/1 even though my internet services were working all day on 3/1.
The customer retention rep was very quick to contradict me on the texts and was indifferent to the fact that my services were disconnected, w/out written notice, for being 18 days late.
He stated that internet and mobile services are not regulated so service termination w/only a text message is deemed sufficient by CenturyLink and its representatives.I've got 10 pages of text message records from Verizon that refute his adamant claim that TWO texts were sent.review #308253
You may also like
- "This site is allowing internet trolls to post phony reviews attacking another site, and innocent people by their usernames. These trolls were banned from that site for harassing and bullying..."
- "Thumbtack has been sending some very odd requests to me lately, and after I ingnore these requests, thumtack begs me to sumbit a quote for them with a follow up..."
- "To Frontier Communications, As a internet service provider across the United States of America, you lay claim to the largest rural provider of Internet, and Telecommunications. While you are quite content..."
- "I received "rainbow" roses today at work that my husband ordered for me. First of all, they were delivered in a box, secondly, two of the roses were broke in..."
- " This company lied on my contact about the number of items purchased, then changed the paperwork without me knowing. My original contract says something different from the one they..."
- "The photographs below speak for themselves!! The arrangement that was delivered looked like a 2yr. old put it together. It only had 6 roses vs. the dozen +..."
- "I love your shoes and don't usually have any issues but just bought a pair of the memory foam ones comfy shoes but have an issue after 2 months of..."
- "Shelby mt pizza hut going to ***.. Burnt pizza.. And rude mgmt team.. Would You eat this *** let alone pay extra for it......"
- "I am a regular customer of things remembered but usually I always pick up what I see in store, never had issues with any in past 3-4 yrs. I realized..."