CenturyLink disconnected my service w/out notice
I've been a CenturyLink customer for 9 months.I bundled my DirecTV and Verizon w/CenturyLink.
My phone service was disconnected for non-payment w/out any notice via email, text or phone call. My bill was due on 2/11/12 and the service disconnect occurred on 3/1 - 18 days after my bill was late. My monthly bills for CenturyLink are over $300 and I've always paid w/in 30 days of the due date. I was told by customer retention that the issue was my fault as they sent a text on 2/14 (three days after the bill was past due?) & on 2/29 stating my services would be disconnected.
He also stated that my billing cycle ended on 2/25 which lead to the automatic disconnect of my services on 3/1. I verified w/Verizon that no texts were received from CenturyLink on either date. Per CenturyLink's "terms and conditions": "If we do not receive payment on or before the date the bill is due, we may disconnect all or part of your services. If this happens, we will notify you in writing before we disconnect your services." I was also charged a broadband reconnection fee of $25 on 3/1 even though my internet services were working all day on 3/1.
The customer retention rep was very quick to contradict me on the texts and was indifferent to the fact that my services were disconnected, w/out written notice, for being 18 days late.
He stated that internet and mobile services are not regulated so service termination w/only a text message is deemed sufficient by CenturyLink and its representatives.I've got 10 pages of text message records from Verizon that refute his adamant claim that TWO texts were sent.124a9845 review #308253
You may also like
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "This service is the worse. Its slow and customer service is horrible. I make sure not to keep a credit card on file with them so that they wont automatically..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- " DSW Technologies (http://www.dswtechnologies.com/) promised to build me a website. We agreed on paying in milestones. I created the pages myself and sent them to the company for..."
- "My car was parked in my work parking lot and was hit by someone with Allstate Insurance. Allstate assured me they would pay for my rental car while it..."
- "All I wanted is to buy a shoe, which cost 60 dollars, the representative said i gt 20 dollar discount for the card. I fell for it, today I REGRET that..."
- "I ordered a Jawbone Big Jambox bluetooth speaker. It arrived without a box in a padded envelope. The corner of the speaker was completely smashed in. No answer yet to..."
- "This company sold me equipment claiming it would perform certain tasks. When I got it it did not perform the tasks. I told them it didn't work...."
- "Very bad service with my return . Not able to help me refund change it or fix it. NO Help what so ever. ..."
- "The Jackson Family has been fighting to keep their family home for 2000 days. I am a divorced mother of two and fully aware of how important it is for..."
- "NACA helped me become a homeowner through their program. I lost a house to foreclosure about 10 years ago and thought I would never be able to own again. I..."
- "Ordered a dress and used the size chart provided as a guide and the dress adverised is on the right, the one I recieved is on left...it is not a..."