CenturyLink disconnected my service w/out notice
I've been a CenturyLink customer for 9 months.I bundled my DirecTV and Verizon w/CenturyLink.
My phone service was disconnected for non-payment w/out any notice via email, text or phone call. My bill was due on 2/11/12 and the service disconnect occurred on 3/1 - 18 days after my bill was late. My monthly bills for CenturyLink are over $300 and I've always paid w/in 30 days of the due date. I was told by customer retention that the issue was my fault as they sent a text on 2/14 (three days after the bill was past due?) & on 2/29 stating my services would be disconnected.
He also stated that my billing cycle ended on 2/25 which lead to the automatic disconnect of my services on 3/1. I verified w/Verizon that no texts were received from CenturyLink on either date. Per CenturyLink's "terms and conditions": "If we do not receive payment on or before the date the bill is due, we may disconnect all or part of your services. If this happens, we will notify you in writing before we disconnect your services." I was also charged a broadband reconnection fee of $25 on 3/1 even though my internet services were working all day on 3/1.
The customer retention rep was very quick to contradict me on the texts and was indifferent to the fact that my services were disconnected, w/out written notice, for being 18 days late.
He stated that internet and mobile services are not regulated so service termination w/only a text message is deemed sufficient by CenturyLink and its representatives.I've got 10 pages of text message records from Verizon that refute his adamant claim that TWO texts were sent.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I signed up for one year for $29.99(ish) a month, which I had to set to auto pay. Fine... but I didn't get a bill for 2 months. ..."
- "anyone know this *** and how we can get off his mailing list. he has somehow hijacked my email and emails me several times a day using my own email...."
- "I've had quite the week with CenturyLink. I first called on Tuesday, 02/18 asking to have my service transferred to my new address. I had a balance due and couldn't..."
- "My car was parked in my work parking lot and was hit by someone with Allstate Insurance. Allstate assured me they would pay for my rental car while it..."
- " This company lied on my contact about the number of items purchased, then changed the paperwork without me knowing. My original contract says something different from the one they..."
- "I placed an order on 12/22 when they were running a site wide promotion of 40% off. There was no code to be entered for this since the discount was..."
- "First, we only care about some of our patients, the rest we bad mouth behind the counter when we see your annoying faces, including pharmacist. On multiple occasions I have..."
- "Roof separating at back wall premier I saw another one on this forum exact issue I have contacted keystone requesting assistance I hope they will come through I have had..."
- "So I looked at these reviews and actually cancelled my appt with Bark Busters because of a review I read. My dog is a very agressive rescue breed so..."