CenturyLink - Century link lies in ads and lies on the phone
CenturyLink seems to have a pattern is false/misleading advertising and fraudulent billing. I have personally had 3 different problems with them.
I recently responded to an advertisement offering high speed internet for "$19.95" per month "when you bundle". I already have phone and internet "bundled" with them. When I called, I was told that the only was to get the $19.95 price was if I changed to the absolutely most expensive phone service that they offered which would have raised total well above the current, non-promotion price.
I then spoke to them about changing to the higher speed without changing the phone price. I was eventually offered a 12-month price of approximately $58.50 (including phone, internet and all associated taxes and fees). I asked repeatedly for that total (I probably asked the operator 5 times) and was given that number.
I received an order confirmation in the mail that did not have any prices on it. A few weeks later, I received a bill and buried on page 3 of 6 was a note that part of the special prices was only good for 4 months. No one has ever mentioned "4 months" in the phone conversation.
This is actually the second time that Qwest/CenturyLink has done this to me. The last time I changed the interent service, they quoted me one price on the phone and billed me for twice that.12a254ed review #292478
You may also like
- "I have spent over 2 hours trying to contact AT&T customer service today over an order I placed this morning. I made the mistake of wasting about 30 minutes..."
- "Horrible installation of u-verse. They didn't even let us know when they were done. We let the dogs out this morning and found.this. They said it might cost US $145..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "This guy is completely unprofessional; his work is amateur at best, and a hassle to deal with. He claims that his work is good, but the fact is, he..."
- "I Bought the EnercellĂ‚Â® 90-Watt AC Slim Power Supply with USB for my laptop, Pretty expensive, but it came with more than others. i THOUGHT it was going to be..."
- "I needed a windshield replacement on my 1999 ford van. Safelite came out removed old windshield said window casing had large hole in it and rust, hole is 1 mm..."
- "My wife and I: each had our own Harley, but we decided to trade in both of them for a Touring model (2014 Street Glide Special) that we both could..."
- "Found a Cheeto that I thought was quite toasted...actually saturated in the inside almost like a brownish green liquid. GROSS if you ask me...."
- "Heater boiler (model Q130sp ),was installed with exhaust under roof soffit ventilation . Exhaust constantly enter house for over two years causing many health problems. Rinnai denied all responsibility ,even..."