Centurylink - Century link lies in ads and lies on the phone
CenturyLink seems to have a pattern is false/misleading advertising and fraudulent billing. I have personally had 3 different problems with them.
I recently responded to an advertisement offering high speed internet for "$19.95" per month "when you bundle". I already have phone and internet "bundled" with them. When I called, I was told that the only was to get the $19.95 price was if I changed to the absolutely most expensive phone service that they offered which would have raised total well above the current, non-promotion price.
I then spoke to them about changing to the higher speed without changing the phone price. I was eventually offered a 12-month price of approximately $58.50 (including phone, internet and all associated taxes and fees). I asked repeatedly for that total (I probably asked the operator 5 times) and was given that number.
I received an order confirmation in the mail that did not have any prices on it. A few weeks later, I received a bill and buried on page 3 of 6 was a note that part of the special prices was only good for 4 months. No one has ever mentioned "4 months" in the phone conversation.
This is actually the second time that Qwest/CenturyLink has done this to me. The last time I changed the interent service, they quoted me one price on the phone and billed me for twice that.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Customers Beware!!: Don't Buy from Frontier Communications: Speaking only as a customer of Frontier Communicationâ€™s High Speed Internet and Phone Services, I have done all I could to work out with..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "I write this warning to protect the people who are looking for trustworthy web develepers before they fall into the trap of this guy - I have been a victim..."
- "I bought mor furniture some 2 years back and their salesman sold me extended warranties saying any rip/tear would be covered. Now my furniture is tearing apart because of it's..."
- "I purchased a shipping container in August 2013. FedEx punched a hole in it in February 2014. I submitted a claim and the claims department (L#l# St#w#rt) claimed..."
- "This happened on 1/25/2013 around 1PM EST. I looked up hotel rates on kayak.com and noticed that a website called hotelclub.com was showing a lower rate than expedia.com. Being a..."
- "I got my step mom's old phone which had the same number as her new phone, I bought minutes for the phone not knowing it was linked with my step..."
- "Be careful Ladies, I went into the ULTA for the hair dye Yesterday. I asked for the grey hair and I even showed her the pictures. It took more than..."
- "Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor from Dallas Fort Worth Area has scammed us out of money from the purchase of our home. It is unfortunate that we are pushed to..."