Centurylink - Century link lies in ads and lies on the phone
CenturyLink seems to have a pattern is false/misleading advertising and fraudulent billing. I have personally had 3 different problems with them.
I recently responded to an advertisement offering high speed internet for "$19.95" per month "when you bundle". I already have phone and internet "bundled" with them. When I called, I was told that the only was to get the $19.95 price was if I changed to the absolutely most expensive phone service that they offered which would have raised total well above the current, non-promotion price.
I then spoke to them about changing to the higher speed without changing the phone price. I was eventually offered a 12-month price of approximately $58.50 (including phone, internet and all associated taxes and fees). I asked repeatedly for that total (I probably asked the operator 5 times) and was given that number.
I received an order confirmation in the mail that did not have any prices on it. A few weeks later, I received a bill and buried on page 3 of 6 was a note that part of the special prices was only good for 4 months. No one has ever mentioned "4 months" in the phone conversation.
This is actually the second time that Qwest/CenturyLink has done this to me. The last time I changed the interent service, they quoted me one price on the phone and billed me for twice that.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "Century link has there box on my property and it looks like a hazard! I seen two century link employees come out and then left they left box open with..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "Trusted this scam artist of claiming he can sell me 1000 units of iPad minis. Sent the money to this clown to some pre-paid card account, for he claims it..."
- "I must be naive! Ground shipping more exensive than expedited shipping..odd. Return policy..odd but still pressed the purchase button. Receive goods..ivory wedding shoes with rosettes and rhinestones...."
- "This happened on 1/25/2013 around 1PM EST. I looked up hotel rates on kayak.com and noticed that a website called hotelclub.com was showing a lower rate than expedia.com. Being a..."
- "I have been ordering from Ebonyline.com for about 10 yrs and have always been pleased with their fast shipping. However, the customer service is horrible, and every time I..."
- "Being an online portal, Pogo Games may cause game crashes due to java errors, loading errors etc. and log in errors in case of forgotten passwords or username. To resolve..."
- "Bought weeding rings here, and will never shop here again! The "tungsten" wedding ring my husband got was supposed to be anti-scratch, lifetime durable, best material in the market. And..."