Centurylink - Century link lies in ads and lies on the phone
CenturyLink seems to have a pattern is false/misleading advertising and fraudulent billing. I have personally had 3 different problems with them.
I recently responded to an advertisement offering high speed internet for "$19.95" per month "when you bundle". I already have phone and internet "bundled" with them. When I called, I was told that the only was to get the $19.95 price was if I changed to the absolutely most expensive phone service that they offered which would have raised total well above the current, non-promotion price.
I then spoke to them about changing to the higher speed without changing the phone price. I was eventually offered a 12-month price of approximately $58.50 (including phone, internet and all associated taxes and fees). I asked repeatedly for that total (I probably asked the operator 5 times) and was given that number.
I received an order confirmation in the mail that did not have any prices on it. A few weeks later, I received a bill and buried on page 3 of 6 was a note that part of the special prices was only good for 4 months. No one has ever mentioned "4 months" in the phone conversation.
This is actually the second time that Qwest/CenturyLink has done this to me. The last time I changed the interent service, they quoted me one price on the phone and billed me for twice that.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "Firstly, We pay for the best business package and never come close to the 15Mbps down we are supposed to get; let me remind you that the plan costs $100.00..."
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "My rent has been increased $100 twice. I've never had apartment rehab (4 years) yet still pay current market price. Paint chips from faux finish. Billing always messed up...and they..."
- "Title says every thing I want to say. I was a fool and bought worry no more warranty twice , but the first minor claim I had and they ..."
- "SO i order flowers for my mom on mother's day. The only thing that these people got right was the delivery day. the flowers were so gross. They were not..."
- "Phoenix AZ. Thursday November/26/2015. 12:01 a.m. I was signed in, my list ready; everything in place to be one of the first customer to place my order online. Suddenly..."
- "People, please look for the local floral boutiques. This Company is a scam. DO NOT buy anything from FLOWER DELIVERY EXPRESS. My boyfriend bought me flowers thorough this company which..."
- "I bought a sofa set from them that was of a very poor quality. After only one year the furniture looks very tacky. I paid over 3000.00 dollars for..."